Hey all how are you going?
Things here are great! The kids just started a 6 week break from school, Christmas is around the corner and in typical tropical weather the days are warm and the nights still cool with the occasional storm thrown in lol..
OK so Prima is releasing a new collection in the upcoming CHA called Bed Time Story! This is what it looks like..
and here is a mixed media canvas I created with this collection
Prima Products: Bedtime Story- 4x6 Journalling Note Cards #578985, Bedtime Story- Wooden Icons #579531, Bedtime Story- Tags #579470, Bedtime Story- Say It In Crystals #579340, Bedtime Story- Dora Flowers #582289, Bedtime Story- Winnie Flowers #582241, Bedtime Story- Mena Butterflies #582296, Bedtime Story- Ettie Flowers #582302, Bedtime Story- Lenorah Flowers #582272, Art Basics -Heavy Gesso White #961442, Art Basics- Soft Matte Gel #961428, Art Ingredients- Micro Beads Blush #962593, Color Blooms- Cotton Candy #573737, 7 x 9 Elementals Stencil -Dots and Stripes #962326
And here are some close ups...
Now here is a step x step photo tutorial I put together to show you how I used all the amazing Prima products..
1. Use a Bed Time Story 4x6 Journalling Notes and Soft Matte Gel to adhere them on a 12x12 canvas, overlapping each journalling note to create texture.
2. Use Heavy Gesso and brush over the surface , applying especially thick brushes on the overlapped edges.
3. Once dry, use Color Bloom Cottom Candy and spray randomly over the surface
4. Use Modelling Paste and a stencil to create more texture in random areas of of the background.
5. Use also free hand with a spatula in other areas of the canvas.
6. Before the Modeling Paste dries, apply Micro Beads to it
7. Then mix Micro Beads and the Gel Medium and apply to the canvas in random areas once again.
8. Now allow to dry completely, preferably overnight.
9. Once all dry, apply some watered down Heavy White Gesso on top of the Micro Beads and in other areas
10. Before that dries, add cheesecloth and go over it with another layer of Gesso to mix them and also create texture
11. Now your background is done, you can have fun layering Die Cuts and Flowers from the Bed Time Story collection
2. Once all layered, use watered down gesso and apply to your embellishments. Do not cover completely. This is a wash so that it all blends in and also gives it a Mixed Media effect
13. Sprinkle the left over Gesso on the background and you are done!
I hope you have been inspired by my creation!
Take care and talk again soon :)