Friday, September 16, 2016

Mixed Media Place Creative Gym #20

Hey everyone. I hope you are all well. I am doing very well and I am really enjoying creating again and finding my lost "me" time again. It's always so hard for a mother to find a hobby that allows personal time without taking away family time, especially when the kids are young. Unfortunately I am the furthest you would find to being selfish, and I simply cannot go against my very nature and start doing things JUST for me. Creating is perfect because it can be done any time of day which is the biggest challenge mothers and of course myself face. So it has been great so far :) 

So I have been keeping my eye on the Mixed Media Place blog as it is full of inspiration. Have you visited it yet? 

I did a bit of shopping there about a month ago, as they also have an online shop which is based in Europe but has a whole heap of things you cannot find easily in Australia. My order arrived just the other day and I could not wait to get started.

Their current challenge is this mood board...



We are free to interpret this any way we like and create anything we like. So I created this card for this challenge. This card is for a friend, who upon hearing I am starting to create again but have NO supplies,  sent me a HUGE box full of things to play with. The things she sent me was all things that I would use which to me it means she knows me well and knows my style well,  so thank you Maria :)

 Stuff like that always make me a little emotional and VERY thankful for good friends and to tie it in with the Mixed Media Place challenge, I would say that friends like that are WHAT DREAMS ARE MADE OF! OK OK very loose interpretation of the challenge but I just wanted to play along OK? LOL But in all seriousness, acts like that mean a lot to me. Not because I got free stuff. But because she is a busy mother of 4 and took time out of her day to send something to ME :) 


Here is a picture of me mid creation... I REALLY LOVE these new acrylic paints from Finn for Prima. 




I have used the most stunning collection from 7 Dots Studio , 9th Wave, which I purchased from Mixed Media Place. And by purchased, I mean I only purchased 1 sheet and 1 die cuts sheet because that is all that sadly available as I do not think they print it anymore. If there is anyone out there with any 9th Wave paper or stickers etc I would love to buy them off you and pay for postage to send them to me :) 





I added the Art Alchemy acrylic paint to the background and as accents over the flowers. I also used Prima's Art Ingredients Art Stones, Mica Flakes and Glass Glitter to build texture. 




The flowers are from Kaisercraft. 



Well that is all for today. I hope I have inspired you somewhat! Have a great weekend!



15 comments:

  1. Oh wow, this is amazing! You totally rock mixed media!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nadia I undertand u very well sometimes is dificult when u have children, scrap is my hobby because stay at home clean,cooking and care my babies(my husband and my dougther)is really strefull and have materials is another history, in my city is really dificult find mix media products so i try to buy from usa but is expensive and i dont have a work U.u anyway is nice that u are back to create beautiful things love your card
    PS:sorry for my bad english i just study to intermediate 2 (5 years ago) lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you are slipping away for some time creating, and how lovely to receive some lovely goodies to play with.. This looks amazing, your fabulous colors, textures and mixed media. Simply gorgeous! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So wonderful to see your gorgeous work again!!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous as always . Love your take on our challenge. Thanks for playing along with us at MMP.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic project. Thank you for playing at Mixed Media Place challenge

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nice! Thank you for your participation for the challenge of the month on MMP blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How fun to see your posts again Nadia! I went through my 7 Dots stash and I don't have any 9th Wave but I did a little search and found some at this link :)
    http://www.asprinkleofimagination.com/paper-card/7-dots-studio/9th-wave/ Looks like just a page or two :( Wish it was one of the 7 Dots I had because I would be happy to send it to you <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amazing !!!! Thanks for playing at Mixed Media PLace Challenge ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card!!! Thank you for playing with us at Mixed Media Place. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. hello Nadia !! So happy to see back to crafting ,I just checked Mixed media place and found your card featured and came here :) You create fab mixed media cards n canvases and this card is Awesome !

    ReplyDelete
  12. I contact Dr.Agbazara when i had of him and This was even faster than I could dream of. Thank you for taking time to listen to me and answering all my emails Dr.Agbazara. I feel emotional strong again. My confidence is back and I can see my future clearly now. I am forever grateful for your help in re-uniting me with my lover who divorced and left me years ago for another woman. you will see for your self what am saying when you contact this great spell caster called Dr.Agbazara on for any help at: (agbazara@gmail.com) OR ( call or add on WHATSAPP: +2348104102662 ) and get your problems solved.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for taking the time to drop by and leave me a comment. I appreciate it so much!