Friday, March 27, 2015

A mixed Media tag for Prima!

Hi everyone! Today I am sharing with you a card that I made for Prima Marketing with a focus Mixed Media. 


I have found that when you are first starting out trying Mixed Media projects it can be overwhelming. I have been there and purchased MANY products over the years but in the end you do only need a few things to get started and luckily Prima now offers most of them! You simply needs a few stencils, some staples like gesso, modeling paste, gel medium, and things like a couple of mists, pencils, markers etc. For this project I simply applied gesso to the paper, then modeling paste through the stencil gave it a quick hit of texture and then used cheesecloth hand more paper strips to create more layers. I finished it off with some simple embellishments and Color Bloom Sprays







"I have found that when you are first starting out trying Mixed Media projects it can be overwhelming. I have been there and purchased MANY products over the years but in the end you do only need a few things to get started and luckily Prima now offers most of them! You simply needs a few stencils, some staples like gesso, modeling paste, gel medium, and things like a couple of mists, pencils, markers etc. For this project I simply applied gesso to the paper, then modeling paste through the stencil gave it a quick hit of texture and then used cheesecloth hand more paper strips to create more layers. I finished it off with some simple embellishments and Color Bloom Sprays"

Materials List
Sunrise Sunset Celcius 
Art Ingredients Glass Beads Plum
Art Extravaganve  Glitter Luminous #961596
Mechanicals Winged #962432
Mechanicals Trinkets #961145
Finnabair Cling Stamps #962050
Elementals Stencil #961275
Color Blooms Sultry Shimmer Gilded #573911
Color blooms Sultry Shimmer Tangerine #573935

8 comments:

  1. I love this tag, Nadia! Love the textures and the awesome embellishments.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful tag with wonderful colors and textures. I like the metal pieces, especially the wings. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simple? Maybe for you! Hehe.. This looks anything but simple! Looks fabulous! All the layers and textures.. And the embellishments , all combined make this tag look amazing! I hope you are enjoying the holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, how amazing is this! I adore all the little metal details and beads.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Simply gorgeous...the texture, the colours, your details!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness... this tag is gorgeous! I love the bright and sunny colors and all the little details! Beautiful!

    Have a great day!
    Aleksandra

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for taking the time to drop by and leave me a comment. I appreciate it so much!