Thursday, March 19, 2015

A canvas for The Flying Unicorn

Today I wanted to show you a a layout I created for The Flying Unicorn using their March  kit Of The Month. 

Sadly this is the last kit that I create with :( I have decided to take a step away from scrapping as I look to juggle life, children and work commitments . It is extremely hard to have to do this because my mojo is still there, my love for creating and playing around with paper, flowers etc is still there but I just could simply not dedicate the time that it needs. It is not just the creating, it is the photographing, editing, uploading , posting etc etc... Which i LOVE but I just do not have time for :( 

So anyway we will see just how this all turns out.. 



Now, unfortunately this kit and MOST of the monthly kits and add ons, have sold out :( In fact they sell out so quickly that The Flying Unicorn has started a system where you can now pre order the kits a week or 2 before they are released. You get a sneak peek of them in the newsletter and if you like what you see then you order it. 

You will find The Flying Unicorn in lots of places. Check out the:
 ==> forums HERE 
==>website and online shop HERE 
==> blog HERE 
==>Facebook HERE 

Are you interested in FREE classes, FREE live tutorials, FREE tips, ideas and techniques? Well then you NEED to go to The Flying Unicorn's UStream Channel right HERE because there is something being shown every other day!! 



The add on kit ALWAYS includes a canvas and colours and different mediums to play around with and this is why I love The Flying Unicorn... If you are into mixed media you will love it too because you are not just confined to creating layouts. You can create canvases, Off The Page items (one is always included in the main kit), cards etc. They are such good value for money!

For this canvas I used the stencil that was in the kit together with Wendy Vecchi White Embossing Paste and then cut the black flourish die cut in half and adhered it to the side of the canvas. 

Then I went to town to with the GORGEOUS yellow flowers that were in the kit and added some splatters of black to add more contrast. 


I hope you get your hands on the next months one... it is yet another amazing one.

Thanks for dropping by 

7 comments:

  1. Nadia, your canvas is beautiful. I know it is hard to juggle a job, kids, home, etc. - and I hope it all works out for you. I will miss seeing your art, but, perhaps, you will be able to work a piece in here or there as you get a little time. But, as always, life and family come first. Thanks for sharing your gorgeous art.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's beautiful! I'm sure you'll still create.....but maybe in a different way....hope it all works out for you & we still occasionally see what you've been up to :):)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful canvas, Nadia! I am going to miss seeing your wonderful projects, but I understand there are other things that need to come first. Hopefully, we will see you here once in awhile if you create just for fun. Wishing you all the best. Thanks so much for your inspiring works.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh gosh, your canvas looks very elegant and absolutely gorgeous! I love it a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well going by this your creativity is still way up there, this is stunning, love the yellow, I think it must be color of the month this month.. but I understand about time too.. I wish you all the best with the next chapter and work and family.. I hope we still see you around!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I came across one of your youtube videos and popped over to check out your site. Your work is STUNNING and I'm drooling over your incredible creativity.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for taking the time to drop by and leave me a comment. I appreciate it so much!