Friday, September 19, 2014

7 Dots Studio September challenge!!

Hey everyone! How are you all going? All is great here :))

I am popping in today to show you a layout I created for 7 Dot's Studio for the September challenge!

Please check out the 7 Dots Studio website HERE for all the information and please check out the stockists for your country HERE 

The challenge for September is "New Beginnings"


The rules are simple:
create any project inspired by our theme – A New Beginning
use at least one 7 Dots Studio product
publish your project on you blog with a link to our challenge
- do not forget to include in your blog post our “inspirational circle” ( you will find it at the top of this blog post)
- use inlinkz and please link directly to your blog post, not to whole blog
Challenge is open till October, 19th midnight CET
We announce winners by the end of the month. One lucky person will win a 50 USD worth box with OUR NEW COLLECTIONS!!!
Have fun!



Here is my take on the challenge...




 I revisited once again an old time favourite collection from 7 Dots "Wonderland"

It is very rare for me to find a collection with the right colour blue that I like and that appeals to my style and that does not look TOO masculine. This is why I love Wonderland and some of the older 7 Dots Studio collections because this blue is perfect for that bit of rustic look I am looking for. 

So let me walk you through some steps..


As always I used my beloved clear gesso on my background and started my background by using one more much loved product, my Wendy Vecchi Embossing Paste in white :) 

I then applied a couple of 13arts and Heidi Swapp mists .



I dug up some older Prima flower stems as well that were hiding at the bottom of the drawer and matched them to the overall colour theme of the page. 



I used die cuts from the Wonderland collection to create some layering


And I also used some stickers from the same collection 




Materials Used
Paper: 7 Dots Studio Wonderland collection - 
Stickers: 7 Dots Studio Wonderland
Die Cuts: 7 Dots Studio Wonderland 

Other from The Flying Unicorn 





6 comments:

  1. Really lovely ---sublime colours....& the layering, as always is magnificent!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! Glad you are doing well! This layout is spectacular! Love the hues of blue, love the spolts of black and the texture on your background is amazing.. Really love this! Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is my new favorite! I love that blue and your background coloring! This is just pure talent!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh gosh, this is just perfectly perfect! You're so talented!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the design, gorgeous colours, did you use a stencil for what looks to me like wood panelling to left of picture? absolutely adore the whole page.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for taking the time to drop by and leave me a comment. I appreciate it so much!