Wednesday, June 4, 2014

The Dusty Attic June sketch challenge!

Hey everyone! I hope all is well with you. 

All great here. I am busy with the kids and life but all is going well. 

Today I wanted to show you my latest layout for the Dusty Attic.

You need to go on over to the blog HERE because it has had a face lift and now you can enter the sketch challenge by uploading your entry using the Inlinkz button on the right hand side of the blog!! This makes it much easier and I am sure everyone has a piece of Dusty Attic chipboard in their stash they can use to enter and get your self in with a chance to win a very generous Dusty Attic pack!!

So this is the June sketch that I designed for the challenge



And this is my take on it.. you do see the sketch there somewhere huh? LOL



To create the background, I started by cutting up the big 12x12 Number Grid piece in a random size, placing it raw and directly onto the base paper and spraying with Heidi Swapp Navy mist. 

I was actually quite impressed with that effect LOL At the same time it also coloured the chipboard in a really cool way , a bit random just the way I like it. SO I did not have to do much with it afterwards. 

Once the mist had dried up , I cut up some squares and overlapped them behind my picture so I can mat everything on them. This gave an awesome contrast I thought. 

I then stamped with some background stamps from Kaisercraft and Prim , adhered my coloured chipboard piece, then my photo and finished it off with some more chipboard from Dusty Attic, flowers and other embellies. 

Lastly I splattered some Heidi Swapp Navy and Black spray and that was it!

Here are some close ups..






Materials List

Dusty Attic Products


Other
Paper, die cuts, stickers : 7 Dots Studio Wonderland collection
Flowers: Prima Marketing
Flair Button: UmWowStudio
Stamps: Grid Stamp - Kaisercraft, Prima Sunrise Sunset stamp
Colour: Heidi Swapp Color Shine - Navy and Black 


 

I hope you have been inspired today :) Let me know if you have.... I love to hear about it :) 
You can email me at nadiac78@hotmail.com or drop me a message on my Facebook account

Find Me Here...
 

8 comments:

  1. Love this colour... And I don't know how you make it look so effortless.
    Love looking at your work... I could look at the same piece over and over and find new thjngs.
    Simply gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  2. The mix of different tones of blue is so beautiful and you've managed to create the most amazing background! Such an awesome lay-out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sooo loving this LO Nadia! Its awesome! Love the background and the layers.. everything is so gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks wonderful.. I love the theme of grids in the larger size and love the blue colors you have used.. the flowers make it pretty but still it is masculine.. love it.. and yes the days are busy!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE this layout! Love everything about it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I did just try to leave a comment here Nadia but it seems to have disappeared. I absolutely love this page!! The grid with the different squares behind it and the different shades of blue create such a striking image and a beautiful foil for that lovely photo!! Absolutely stunning!! ox

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for taking the time to drop by and leave me a comment. I appreciate it so much!