Friday, April 25, 2014

The Flying Unicorn and 7 Dots Studio!

Good morning friends! 

This month The Flying Unicorn and 7 Dots Studio is having a cross promotion and as Creative Member for The Flying Unicorn I was very lucky to work with the new collection from 7 Dots Studio "Illumination". This collection is available at The Flying Unicorn right HERE 

"You Light Up My World"

This is a picture of my 2 older children and my husband at Sea World in Queensland this year. The colours in my picture matched PERFECTLY with the colours of the background paper. Love it when that happens!! 

So let me walk you through some steps.
As with every layout I create these days, I start by adhering my base paper to a 12x12 piece of chipboard. I then apply CLEAR GESSO over the base paper. 
This is for a couple of reasons:
 1) I apply CLEAR Gesso as it provides the same effect as normal white Gesso but it is clear which means you get to see more of the background paper.
2) Clear Gesso also provides a non porous surface which means that my colours will not soak through into the paper. They will stay more vivid and I will also be able too manipulate them before they dry. 
It also provides a "grip" for the art mediums I will add to my page. 
3) The chipboard and clear gesso also allow for the paper not to warp as much. 





 You will see here in the background, I used the Embossing Paste with The Crafters Workshop 6x6 Circle Regiment stencil to create the design in the background. I also used the Embossing paste on my Dusty Attic Geometric Border chipboard, before colouring it with Silks Acrylics Paint in Sunburst The Dusty Attic Geometric border is one of my absolute favourite things to use these days. I kind of have used a bit everywhere. It is a new release from The Dusty Attic and it is available at The Scrapbook Store HERE 



 For my background colours, I used a mixture of 13arts Lime Pastel Mist, Heidi Swapp Turquoise Mist, and yellows from Tim Holtz Distress Stains 



This title was cut on my Silhouette Cameo and it is a Tanya Batrak design. I coloured it with Distress Ink in Broken China

So I hope you have been inspired today :) Let me know if you have.... I love to hear about it :) You can email me at nadiac78@hotmail.com or drop me a message on my Facebook account HERE

Bye for now !

 

Find Me Here...   

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful layout and textures! The mix of colors is so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh, what a gorgeous colourful lay-out! The mix of blue, green and yellow is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it so much Nadia! You have amazing talent!!
    PS. Where do you get your 12 x 12 chipboard from. I think I might need it for the MH Papers. They aren't very thick to withhold mediums. Hope you don't mind me asking. Xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. thank you for the steps i love very much your work

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful, love the colors and love the textures too, very inspired!,

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your work, it's so beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your use of colours is truly breathtaking! This is such an amazing lay-out!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for taking the time to drop by and leave me a comment. I appreciate it so much!