Sunday, April 6, 2014

A layout for Maja Design

Good morning! 

I am hoping you are all well. 
Here to share with you a very BLUE layout today! LOL I say that with amusement because I have ... 3 DAUGHTERS! Blue is not a colour I will go too first but the gorgeous colours from the Maja Design Vintage Autumn Basics collections were hard to ignore :) 


You will find this collection in full available at The Flying Unicorn right HERE  or for your nearest stockists please go HERE 


Autumn-Basics-P



"Hello"
 This is myself and my eldest daughter at Sea World in Queensland in January .

OK so I started with my usual.. adhere the whole paper to a 12x12 chipboard piece and then apply Clear Gesso and went from there.


Here are some close ups. I started with the "NoXIII" paper, and built my layers up from that using a mixture of Distress Stains, Distress Paints and inks.

The texture in my background was created using Shimmerz Texturez in Tidy Widy. I LOVE this product ! It is a paste with a sand like texture through it. I also applied it on all my chipboard.










Maja Designs collection: Vintage Autumn Basics - "No XIII" paper
Chipboard Title: The Dusty Attic
Chipboard heart and circles: The Dusty Attic





Find Me Here...   

9 comments:

  1. I absolutely love it! Hot air balloons are my latest fav! Your background is awesome!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all the elements on this one! I agree with Valia - the balloons... ove them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just beautiful, Nadia! I think the blue looks so pretty. The texture is awesome. (Just to let you know, I changed my blogger name to Patty O'Malley as I didn't realize people would not necessarily know who pattyo was.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok, you gotta let me have this giggle first...I clicks on the link for the clear gesso...thank you, my friend......& it's outta stock....CHUCKLES!!!!!...... Anyways, I'm off to Hornsby today in my quest for that elusive elixir!!!! MEANWHILE this page....MWAH.....& my fave bit, the big dimensional spots/ circles...they sooo 'go' with the pp & balloons...LOOOVE that colour , too:):)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow,wow & more wow!! I love this layout. I too am searching for clear gesso. And I think I need to get me some shimmerz! I SO wish there was someone around where I live that could do a class like this - I'd be first in line. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful, happy photo of you and your girl and you have made the most amazing lay--out for it! I love what you did with the gesso here!

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is just so so gorgeous and that photo so preecious :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Blue is a gorgeous color and I love it!! and you have matched with the clothes you have on in the photo! You look happy and relaxed in the photo too..love all the back ground details, flowers and circle elements too.. gorgeous layout..love it!! and I hope you got an extra hour of sleep over the weekend with daylight savings stopping!hehe!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous and I love the colour. Beautiful layers too. Love the pic of you and #1... special times :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for taking the time to drop by and leave me a comment. I appreciate it so much!