Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Layout for The Flying Unicorn using Inkido!

 Hi people!!! Hoping you are doing great. 

All is going really well here. Baby is growing VERY fast and almost 10 months now.. yeah I don't know what happened there either. Feel like yesterday really... But she is doing really well and she has now been baptised so she is officially Sofia Grace :) Everyone else and everything else is great too :)


 SO I was sent an awesome DT pack from The Flying Unicorn to work with for March. I must say I am really just spoilt by the owner Alda. Really! She looks after her DT so much and I am glad she twisted my arm to join them a few months ago.. LOL!! 

Well anyway, in this month's kit I received the VERY beautiful "Beautiful Memories" collection from Inkido, together with heaps of Prima flowers , a mixture of embellishments, mists, modelling pastes and ...yeah... spoilt !!LOL

This is what the gorgeous Beautiful Memories collection looks like and it is available in full at The Flying Unicorn HERE




Today I am sharing my first of a few projects I created :)) 

"Family"

This is my beautiful little family :) In January we did a road trip to Queensland. We left nice and early on a Sunday morning, and drove AAAALLLL day to Coffs Harbour, which is the halfway point between NSW and QLD. It was a breeze.. the baby was perfect and the kids were LOVING the whole thing. This picture was taken the next morning . The Big Banana is a tourist attraction in Coffs Harbour. We were there 5 years ago and took a photo in the very same spot but of course.. minus Sofia . This is a special photo for me.. one that I printed out right away when we returned and it is on my fridge in front of the previous one. 



 To create the background, I started by applying CLEAR Gesso to the whole page. This is so that it becomes a non porous surface which means it will hold all the mediums better. 

I then applied all my inks, mists etc (see materials list) and played around with them and some water. 




I was sent a container of Viva Decor 3D Stamping Paint by the Flying Unicorn. I love this stuff! It is simply what the name of it suggests.. you stamp with it and it creates a 3D effect. In this layout I used it where I would normally use Gesso or Modeling Paste in the background to provide texture. I love it because it also dries VERY quickly!!



 I have had this Heidi Swapp banner since November of last year when I took her class. I could never find a way to use it because I ..well.. I didnt know how to. I have decided this year that I am going to challenge myself to use more of what I have in my stash in creative ways rather than just go and buy new stuff. This is probably because I spent I little (and by little I mean A LOT) of money on supplies last year. Don't ask.. 

Anyway in this instance I simply coloured the banner with Ranger Wendy Vecchi Archival Ink (in grey colour. I cant remember the actual colour). SO let's just say I now want more of those banners LOL I loved the look!


I finished everything off with some more cut outs from the paper, some chipboard and some more embellishments. 


Materials List
Chipboard Heart: Heidi Swapp
Banner: Heidi Swapp
Chipboard circle: Wycinanka
Resist Canvas strip: Prima Marketing
Flowers: Prima Marketing Layla, Prima Marketing Gillian Cinder , 
Button: Prima Marketing
Colour: Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Squeezed Lemonade
Tim Holtz Distress Paint - Mustard Seed
Tattered Angels Chalkboard Mist - Banana Pudding
Luminarte - Lucky Apple
Tattered Angels Chalkboard Mist- Inchworm 

Hope you have been inspired somehow. Let me know how :))

'till next time, its bye for now :) 


Find Me Here...
 



8 comments:

  1. Hi, amazing page as always. Can you tell me where you get your clear gesso? I'd love to get some but have been unable to get any. Cheers Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful photo of the 5 of you, and what a lovely story your layout tells! :) <3 your work as always!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with the not buying more supplies:):) the banner looks fab - gorgeous family pic, too....I just need a little clear gesso, I think, now you mention it!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful layout showcasing your special photo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow, such a gorgeous lay-out for that precious baby photo! I love the combination of yellow and blue so much!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous Photo central in your lovely layout, love the colors for the big banana!! and that banner is fabulous!! luscuious layers under your photo look great too.. love the way my eye follows the color flow down the page to the little heart flower cluster at the bottom!! And I know, you blink and the baby turns one year old.. time just flys!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loved the bright n sunny yellow color and that banner looks cool !

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the sunny colors too.....beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for taking the time to drop by and leave me a comment. I appreciate it so much!