Monday, March 10, 2014

A layout for Maja Design using Vintage Summer Basics!

Hello!!!

I'm back today to show you a layout I created for Maja Design using their gorgeous Vintage Summer Basics collection



For stockists of Maja Design papers in your country please go HERE


"Best Moments"

OK OK I know.. this layout is not exactly vintage is it? But I felt that I have been creating using TOO much pink lately so I stayed away from that. Then I also created a layout in blue for the Maja Design March moodboard and wanted to stay away from that. So I was left with neutrals really.. and I am not creating so much with neutrals these days , or even when I do I feel like its missing colour so I went for something REALLY bright. Went through all my colours and decided yellow is something I have not used much lately and.. well .. the rest is history!



 SO I really liked the "1946" paper and used that as my base. Because I knew I would be adding a lot of inks , mediums etc on my papers I adhered it to a 12x12 chipboard piece and then applied CLEAR GESSO over the entire base to create a non porous surface. 


 I then applied some normal white gesso in some random areas, before goin to town with some yellow mists and inks from various manufacturers. 



 I bought this Crafters Workshop leaf stencil about 6 months ago with great hopes of doing something creative one day. Sadly it sat there while I played with my usual fave stencils till I decided this was the layout for change! LOL! So I applied some modelling paste and created a bit of a design on the background and traced some on some cardboard before cutting it out and colouring with some yellow and teal. 

 Some more mess was made when i decided to add more teal LOL .. Note to self.. dry yellow out before applying teal or it turns to green. So yeah,... don't do that guys. It takes a lot of covering up with Gesso afterwards lol. 


 Once the background was ready , I tore some random pieces of the "1891" paper and created some layers behind where I wanted the picture to sit. I also added some masking tape. 


Lastly, I added some chipboard from Wycinanka and added some final colour with a paintbrush and some mist. 

Materials List
Paper: Maja Design Vintage 
Flowers: Prima Marketing
Title: Heidi Swapp
Feather Stencil: The Crafters Workshop
Chipboard: Wycinanka
Stamp: Prima Marketing Vintage Vanity
Inks: Dylusions, Lindy's Stamp Gang, 13arts

Thats's it!

I hope you got inspired a little today. 

Thanks for dropping by

XOXO


Find Me Here...

7 comments:

  1. Love the colors in this and also the funky patterns combined with the romantic feel you do so well! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! I like it when the colours mix & tangle...well, as long as they don't go yukky brown:):) Love your brights here & shame on you for not using that stencil before now......another LOL!!! It looks FABULOUS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you simply rocked this bright colour palette! Such an amazing and very happy lay-out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those colors are great for your beach holiday photo, love the feathers, and yellow always looks good.. cheerful and sunny...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, Nadia, your layout is gorgeous! I love the beautiful colors, textures and those fabulous layers of embellishments. The stenciled leaves are fantastic!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for taking the time to drop by and leave me a comment. I appreciate it so much!