Saturday, March 8, 2014

A canvas for Donna Salazar Designs!

Well hello there... how are you all going? All is great here. Busy Busy Busy!!!

Creating is awesome and such a break from reality :) 

I loved creating this for Donna Salazar Designs. Its not exactly a canvas but wasnt sure what else to call it. It is the cover of one of Donna's Want2Scrap albums that I created into a  "canvas" which I will give as a gift :) 



I started by adhering Mix'd Media Stax 2 on the back of the cover. That is the dictionary paper you can see peeking through. I then applied Gesso on the chipboard album cover . 


I used Donna's Mix'd Media Inx and Smooch Spritz over the Gesso and let it dry before applying several coats. I let it go naturally in any direction. 







I added some black ink as a contrast and finished it off with some bolts from Prima Marketing. 



Materials

Paper
Mix'd Media Stax 2
Chipboard
Want2Scrap Donna Salazar Sprightly Sprockets Chipboard Album 
Ink
Mix'd Media Inx - Leather, Truffle, Sparrow
Mist
Smooch Spritz - Caramel Latte, Wood Stain, Tea Party 

Other
Flowers: Prima Marketing
Embellishments: Fiends Globe - Prima Marketing, Bolts - Prima Marketing
Paint: Silks - Honey Amber



 Find Me Here...
 

8 comments:

  1. Oh, how coooool is this!
    Love the natural color choice and the bolts are the point upon the i :)
    Have a nice weekend!
    xx Evelyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing album cover! I love the gear chipboard with the paper layered underneath.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow I never tire seeing your latest creations, the textures the rich colors, the bits like the cogs and bolts..stunning cover, this looks amazing!, have a lovely weekend!,

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic Nadia!!Love the gear chipboard and the colors you have choose!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This turned out amazing! Your use of details is breathtaking!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This truly is one gorgeous piece you've created! Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for taking the time to drop by and leave me a comment. I appreciate it so much!