Wednesday, March 12, 2014

13arts March challenge

Good morning everyone. Hoping you are all well.. 

A new challenge has gone live over at 13arts and this time its a really fun one! 

The challenge is to create a project ( can be ANYTHING) with no paper on the background. Instead we are asked to create our own background that can be based on mixed media products or dictionary/book paper. Just hop on over to the blog and you will find all the details there..

All materials I have used here are available at 13arts store HERE and The Flying Unicorn HERE 

I have used the gorgeous Timeless collection from 13arts once again for my latest project for them. I can't seem to get enough of this collection. It is SO versatile.. has so many colour combinations and styles you can achieve from just the 1 collection. 

I also used some 13arts mixed media products here which I will detail below. 

Remember all 13arts products are available at the 13arts store HERE or The Flying Unicorn HERE 

"6" card


I started this card by applying Tim Holtz tissue paper on the background with 13arts Gel Medium and then applying some 13arts Gesso over it before wiping the excess off with a baby wipe. 


  I then dropped some 13arts Blue Ink on my craft mat and wiped my card across it to give it a messy look. 




I then adhered strips of Timeless paper and masking tape, and some 13arts chipboard , flowers and sequins to make up some layers. 


I finished it with some splatters from 13arts black ink for some contrast. 

Materials List
(products are available at the 13arts store HERE or The Flying Unicorn HERE 
Paper: 13arts Timeless
Ink: 13arts blue, 13arts black
Flowers: 13arts
Chipboard: 13arts Timeless collection
Sequins: 13arts


Gesso, Gel Medium, Modelling paste: 13arts

 
Find Me Here... 

9 comments:

  1. Love this Nadia!! Your background is brilliant!! Absolutely stunning card!! ox

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fabulous! I loved reading that you put paint on your mat and wiped your card across.. now that sounds fun!! love the blue color and all the yummy texture too.. Happy Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So many details on a great piece of art, love it

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a beautiful card with so many details!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this. My fave colours at the moment. Just so lush and gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for taking the time to drop by and leave me a comment. I appreciate it so much!