Saturday, February 1, 2014

The Dusty Attic February sketch challenge!

Hello everyone. I hope your day is going well. 

Happy 1st of the month :) The 1st of the month is always an exciting time isnt it, with all the challenges that kick off for the month. Lots of inspiration around everywhere :) 

Well today I am sharing with you my DT example for the Dusty Attic sketch challenge designed by ME! Seriously never thought that would happen LOL!

Dusty Attic have a HUGE website.. it includes:
Product Gallery HERE
The ning site and gallery HERE
The blog HERE

Here is the February sketch..


And here is my take on it.. The background techniques I used here are inspired by a tutorial by Georgia Heald in her Pop and Colours workshop. 

"Meeting"
 This is the gorgeous Limor Webber. Back in late 2013 we started chatting a little online, and then her Australian tour was announced and she was teaching a class not far from where I live. While chatting online we realised we got along nicely and when she arrived in Sydney for the start of her tour she had a spare day ahead. I picked her up and we spent the next 7-8 hours at my place with my family chatting along like we knew each other forever ! Limor is really easy going and has a very bubbly personality which puts you in a good mood right away !

This picture was taken at her class a couple of weeks later and that was an AMAZING day as I was also with my very very good friend Kim Price and Lizzy Hill!

Limor is an awesome teacher. REALLY laid back, knows her stuff and connects to people well. She is coming back in June for another Prima Australian tour and if you love Prima you will love Limor's classes. Limor and I continue to stay in touch and I can't wait to see her again in June :) 

OK so back to scrapping.. 
The amazing piece of chipboard I have used here from Dusty Attic is this one..

String of Hearts Frame set - Click Image to Close

It is a 12x12 piece with 3 different sized circles. I LOVE IT! 


I also used some Heart Arrows #1
Heart Arrows #1

Did you know that the Dusty Attic also has a huge selection of paints? You will find them all HERE and on this layout I used some of this..

Dusty in Colour Crushed Olive




Here are some close ups..

 For my background I ironically used the Lindy's Stamp Gang set that Limor designed for them called Industrial Chic.. Kind of obsessed with this set of mists, embossing powders and magicals right now. On my desk and my projects A LOT lately. The teal is to die for! I also used some Faber Castell Gelatos in similar colours. 



To add texture to all the chipboard pieces, I coated them with gesso and with my fingers applied Viva Decor Modeling Paste. LOVE LOVE this stuff! Once that was dry, I went over it with Dusty Attic Clear Gloss Finish!










Dusty Attic Product List
Chipboard: String Of Hearts Frame Set ( DA1017)Heart Arrows #1 (DA1016)
Available from The Flying Unicorn
Paper collection: 7 Dots Studio 9th Wave papers, sticker sheet and die cuts
Colour Mediums: Mists-Lindy's Stamp Gang Industrial Chic set, Other: Faber Castell Gelatos

Other
Stamp: Prima Marketing - Stitch stamp set , Paper Artsy mini stamp


Find Me Here...

13 comments:

  1. Good morning and Happy 1st of Feb! This is stunning, love all the details in your background, love those colors and a lovely photo too.. I have watched a few videos on you tube and yes very talented girl is Limor!! As are YOU Nadia..!! And I know you are very friendly too! Have a great day!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what an amazing lay-out! I truly love how you used the chippies and painted them in the same tones as the background!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning layout Nadia! Fantastic choice of colours. Love your attention to detail

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this layout and the texture you've created. The colors are pretty as well as the details on the chipboard. Wonderful way to record your friendship.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gosh I LOOOOVE this colour combo! Looks sensational, & those circles.....AND since I just won an absolute MOZZA prize from DA, I might just have to finally overcome that chippy fear & do something about it...thanks for the inspiration...& it was a good day & she is an really, really great teach:):))

    ReplyDelete
  6. Blushing a bit and teary eyed as well as you are such an incredible soul! our connection was instant and it's a friendship I will treasure always!
    Besides all that your layout is stunning!!! truly! and I am even happier you love Industrial Chic as much as I do LoL!!!! You are an amazingly talented lady my friend! Much love and see you soon!!!!
    Limor

    ReplyDelete
  7. goreous! You should've heard me say OOOH as I had to look for the chip-love what you did with it and the photo is beautiful too !

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic ..I loved the pop of vibrant colors in center and beautiful textures ! So lucky Nadia you got meet some scrappy friends !

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow....this is a absolute delight to the eye. Vibrant and colourful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. STUNNING! I love everything about this beauty!!!!!!!!!!! Wow!!!!!!!!!! I could look at this all day!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi I love the textures ,colours and just about everything truly stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Have you ever thought about adding a little bit more than just your articles? I mean, what you say is valuable and everything. However just imagine if you added some great images or video clips to give your posts more, pop! Your content is excellent but with pics and videos, this website could certainly be one of the best in its niche. Awesome blog!

    Cardsharing Server

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for taking the time to drop by and leave me a comment. I appreciate it so much!