Monday, February 10, 2014

Layout for Maja Design using Crea Diem and Sofiero collections and Manor House Creations.

Hello everyone! I hope all is well with you. 

Today I wanted to show you a layout I created with the gorgeous Crea Diem collection and the absolutely gorgeous Sofiero from Maja Design as well as some gorgeous flowers from Manor House Creations

You can find some Maja Designs collections at The Flying Unicorn HERE or for stockists in your country please go HERE and you will also find some of the beautiful Manor House Creations on the Flying Unicorn store HERE


"Delight"

This layout was also inspired by my talented friend Riikka's tutorial in the Pop & Colours #2 online workshops , and the composition of it was based on Shirel's take on Riikka's class. Thank you girls for the incredible inspiration you have provided in these workshops. I am also teaching a class at these workshops and you will find the information on that HERE 

I started by preparing the base paper, which is the "Royal Summer Residence" paper from the Sofiero collection , with Gesso. Just a light layer so it withstands the mixed media mediums I will place on it. 



I then cut strips from the "Fylld av kärlek" paper from the Crea Diem collection and placed them behind the place where my photo will be. I added some modelling paste with a stencil directly on top and then added some stamping when that was dried. 

I then, following the ideas of the tutorial,  took out a number of colour mists, inks etc in the same tones and applied them with some water and brush. Others I applied directly with tip of the mist bottle to give it a different finish. 


Here is a close up of the Manor House Creations flowers I have used. You will find their name in the materials list below. 


And some more gorgeous purple flowers from Manor House Creations. In the image above you can also see some strips of the Crea Diem papers I used on my background. 

Materials List
Paper Collection: Cream Diem -  "Fylld av kärlek" ,  Sofiero- "Royal Summer Residence"
 Flowers: Manor House Creations : "Imagine"- Berry Pink , "Sunflower" - Purple

Other
Stamps:
Prima Marketing Stitch stamp - Circles, Lines
Prima Marketing Checker stamp
Glitz Design Giant Roller Doodle Stamp - triangles

Die Cuts
Heidi Swapp - Mixed Company Collection - Die Cut Acetate Cardstock and Vellum Pieces
Inks
Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Dusty Concord
Aladine Pigment Izink - Anemone
Dylusions Ink Spray - Crushed Grape
Dylusions Ink Spray - Funky Fuschia



 

Find Me Here...
 

11 comments:

  1. Oh, how beautiful! What a gorgeous lay-out for your gorgeous girls!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous! Love the colors and the effect that they create <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful layout! Lovely colors! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely stunning!! love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful layout, Nadia, and sweet photo of your girls.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful!! The 2nd cluster in the corner....love the size & how it balances the whole page.....really, really nice page:):)

    ReplyDelete
  7. HI.. I hoe things are well with you! ooo these gorgeous girls... I love the photo.. first thing I look at.. hehe.. and the pops of color look wonderful.. love the MH flowers and all the yummy textures too.. beautiful layout.. love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh this is so nice. I love the colours and the clusters ... amazing. I have tried your layout from Pop and Colours 2 and it was awful :( I am not giving up though. I will try again and again and again :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Simply gorgeous layout...I love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for taking the time to drop by and leave me a comment. I appreciate it so much!