Friday, February 28, 2014

A layout for 13arts using the Timeless collection!

Hello everyone! 

Today want to share with you a new layout I created using lots of 13arts mediums and the Timeless collection

Most of what I have used on the layout below is available at the 13arts online store HERE and MOST of the products are also available at the Flying Unicorn HERE

And don't forget to drop by the 13arts blog HERE to see lots of inspiration from the other DT members

"Love you always"

This layout is about my little 8 month old baby Sofia and the fact she has really puffy cheeks and eyes when she wakes up.. much like her mummy! LOL!

I captured this photo on my iPhone and really wanted to use it on a layout of hers :) 

Now let me walk you through some steps of how I created this layout and the background. 
Firstly I should say I have most definitely been inspired by a scrapbooker called Shirel, who runs and teaches Pop & Colours online workshops. 

If you are interested in taking these workshops where I am also teaching one, please see HERE

I really wanted to try her techniques of using stamps and circles like that in the background after watching her tutorials. She is really inspiring!

I started by overlapping 2 papers on top of each other, and then applying 13arts Gesso down the middle and across the middle as well. 

I then used a number of paints, mists and inks from 13arts (see product list below) to add colour to the background. Because I had applied Gesso first, the background paper was non porous which means the colours stayed really vibrant and did not soak into the paper. 

I then used a Prima circle stamp and painted the centre with Faber Castell Gelatos and 13arts Yellow Matt paint. 

I also stamped some writing on the background and flicked some 13arts Black Ink. 

I then used 13arts mists in a dauber and created a splash effect. I applied some stickers from the Timeless collection too. 



I painted a Timeless collection frame yellow with 13arts paint and then stamped on it again. 

In some of the circles I applied some 13arts Modeling Paste and once that was dry I coloured them with Gelatos and Paint. 

I hope this has inspired you in some way. 

Materials List
Paper collection: Timeless -  "Today, Tomorrow, Always" , "All The Time", A4 sticker sheet
Chipboard Frame: Timeless collection
Paint: 13arts Matte Yellow, 13arts Matte Lemon , 13arts Matte Yellow
Ink: 13arts - black, 13arts Yellow 
Mists: 13arts Yellow Lemon , 13arts Orange
13arts Gesso, 13arts Modeling Paste, 13arts Gel medium
Flower Stem: 13arts Gold




Find Me Here...

   

12 comments:

  1. What a spectacular work Nadia!the colours are gorgeous, sophisticated and Sophia looks like a princess!

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful layout, love the colours! and your daughter is soooo sweet :)))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic layout, Nadia! Sweet photo of your little girl and those beautiful big eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gee these colours are great -especially with that newsprint stamping, too....you have a VERY cute DD:):) Doesn't look too puffy to me!! And if you're wondering...the Grand Boy is in BED atm...& I'm in catch up mode while he sleeps!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think I have an all day stare like that when I am tired! hehe! Seriously, this is stunning, the sunny colors, the stamping and the flowers look amazing.. wonderful back ground textures.. what a doll!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous lay-out! Your use of colours is wonderful and I also just love that sweet, sweet photo!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing work as per usual. love the techniques. Thanks for sharing xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love it... Such fab work and inspiration over at Pop and Colours too :D Love the colours on this one and the gorgeous pic of Sophia :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. love vibrant colour- lemon and orange make me think of spring and summer...... :-)

    feel free to visit my blog: http://www.jagodaart.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for taking the time to drop by and leave me a comment. I appreciate it so much!