Saturday, January 4, 2014

EXCITING NEWS--- 2 new Design Teams for me!!!

Hey everyone and Happy New Year!! I hope 2014 is a fantastic year for all of you out there. I am sending you all positive vibes and hope everything works out really well for you :)

I am starting out the year with some awesome news.

Firstly, I don't think I shared here on my blog that I have joined the team over at Maja Design for 2014!! I have been looking forward to this SO much , especially since I was asked about a year ago LOL! Well I am so happy to be on the team at last :) 



Secondly,  I have wanted to share this for a while as well, since I was asked a few months ago and finally I can share with you all that I will be on the Dusty Attic Design Team for 2014!!! 


Dusty Attic is one of Australia's leading chipboard manufacturers which is very much sought after internationally. They do not only produce chipboard though, but have branched out and now produce paint, flowers, and some art mediums!

 I can be honest here and tell you this is a dream come true. I remember when I started scrapping about 4+ years ago I subscribed to a kit club. I had never heard of chipboard before and the first time I got a piece in my first kit I was hooked! It was a Dusty Attic piece of chipboard and I raced online to buy heaps more. I spent OVER $150 back then on one purchase of Dusty Attic chipboard alone! LOL! 

I then went over to their ning site, and saw the AMAZING AMAZING AMAZING designers they had on the team at the time and the incredible talent that was oozing from the gallery and felt so out of my depth !! I never thought I could scrap that way, let alone EVER join their team! Now, to be asked to join this Design Team.. well. it is a dream. 

Just cant express my happiness enough :) 

Dusty Attic have a HUGE website.. it includes:
Product Gallery HERE
The ning site and gallery HERE
The blog HERE


Anyway, each month there is also a sketch challenge which I have been asked to create a sketch for!! 

Here is the first one to kick things off and please got to the blog HERE to see more details!


Here is my take on this sketch


Oh this photo is when Sofia was very very new.. maybe a month or a 6 weeks old? 


 Here are some close ups..


I LOVED the brand new and just released Geomotric Border .. it has that arty look to it which I love :) 
All I did to it, is cover it with Gesso and then paint it with Dusty Attic Lavender Blush and Sugar Plum paints and then added some Paper Artsy Grunge Paste over it with my fingers. 



 Here is a close up of Dusty Attic's flowers and mini roses. 



 I applied Silks Paints in Plumeria together with 13arts Ayeeda Ink in Bordeaux and let it drop down by adding some water to it. 



 Here is another Dusty Attic new release. This is called Heart Arrows #2. I simply applied Gesso and once that was dried I painted it with Silks Plumeria again before finishing it with Dusty Attic Crackle Finish









Dusty Attic Materials 
Chipboard: Dusty Attic Geometric Border (DA1029), Dusty Attic Heart Arrows #2 (DA1026)
Paint: Lavender Blush (DA0911), Sugar Plum (DA0908)
Flowers: Dusty Attic Bridal Vail (DA805), Dusty Attic Roses Candy Pink (DA0953)

The Flying Unicorn materials
Paper: 7Dots Studio Messy Head 
Paint: Splash Of Colour Silks Plumeria
Ink: 13arts Ayeeda InkBordeaux 
Stencil: Tim Holtz Layering Stencil - Measured
Embellishments: Prima Marketing Resin - Clocks, Prima Marketing Junkyard Findings Vintage Tub Knobs

Don't forget to pop on over to the Dusty Attic Website HERE 



 


16 comments:

  1. Well done! You are going to be a busy chickie!!! Those 'trails' of flowers look tremendous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations, Nadia! Love your layout!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good on you Nadia, I know you will love these teams as you love the products and create so well with them.. Love this layout, love the drips and pops on the bright pink.. and my goodness DA has a huge range of products don't they!!> Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do like your background work. The Dusty Attic chipboard have come up looking great. Love the way you have the flowers.
    As always a really lovely layout. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on your DT terms Nadia ! I loved the LO...its so gorgeous..and tat pink is so vibrant looks wonderful on soft n light bg !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! what an amazing start to the new year! Well done you! I just LOVE this page, it's so beautiful and it's great to read about how you achieved all those gorgeous effects. TFS :o)xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are the most perfect addition to both design teams :) I always love your work and you simply rock romantic papers and chipboard pieces! Big congrats sweetie :)
    Your pink lay-out is totally gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful layout! Love every detail. Congrats on DT's

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats. Great sketch and gorgeous inspiration. WTG

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations. I love your page...it is so arty.

    ReplyDelete
  11. GORGEOUS page and sketch Nadia! and congrats on your two new DTs!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for taking the time to drop by and leave me a comment. I appreciate it so much!