Monday, January 13, 2014

Art Journal Page *The Flying Unicorn January Kit Of The Month*

Hello there everyone. I am here today to share with you one more project created with The Flying Unicorn's January Kit Of The Month

You will find The Flying Unicorn's online store HERE and The Flying Unicorn blog HERE

The Flying Unicorn is NOT a kit club - there are no sign ups - the kits are offered on a first come first serve basis- Scrapbooking should be a passion and not an obligation! So head on over to the store to get yours- once they are gone... they are gone!

You might have remembered earlier in the month I showed you my art journal cover created with this kit...



So this is what I created with the January Kit Of The Month AND the add ons inside my art journal



"Some Days Art Journal Page"

As you can see I really loved the colours and stuck to them once again. 

The only things that I have included above NOT from the kits this month is Derwent Charcoal Pencil in black that I used to smudge the outside of my circles and Light Turquoise Mist from 13arts. 


Here are some close ups..

I started by applying 13arts Gesso on the page and cutting some strips from the papers in random sizes. 
Once the strips were adhered down on the page, I applied gesso again and modelling paste with the Clear Scraps Shattered Glass stencil directly over them. 


I the sprayed Lindy's Stamp Gang - Grab A Guy A Gold mist over the Shattered Glass design and let it dry well.


 
Once all the gold was dried up , I applied some 13art Turquoise Light mist and Lindy's Stamp Gang Maidenhair Fern Green on random areas of the page and moved it. 

I then drew some circles with my compass and archival journalling pen and applied gesso in the middle of them. 

I used my finger to apply Maidenhair Fern Green colour to the middle. 

I then created a smudged effect using Derwent Charcoal and my finger tips. 


When everything was dry, I stamped the background with Archival Ink and Kaisercraft Journal stamp and included my journalling. 


 Materials List from the main January Kit Of The Month and January Add Ons
 Art Journal: Prima Marketing Finnabair Vintage Vanity Art Journal 
Paper: Gold and Black from Kit, Prima Marketing Jodie Lee Designs Art Journalling Paper Pad
Gesso: 13arts Gesso
Lindy's Stamp Gang Sprays: Maidenhair Fern Green, Grab A Guy A Gold
Background Stamp: Kaisercraft - Journal
Stencil: Clear Scraps Shattered Glass
Alphabet: Doodlebug Design Alphas
black tags

Other
13arts Black Ink
13arts Turquoise Light Chalk Mist

 

11 comments:

  1. Oh, it's so beautiful!!! When you describe the steps of creating this, it looks so simple! But I'm still afraid of trying to make something like this... =) Love your pages and layouts! Thanks for inspiration! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, this looks amazing! Your arrangement of flowers, metal pieces and birds is so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so gorgeous and really good to read about how you created it - TFS :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. stunning! From the colors to all the tiny bits and layers.... I so need to take a class to learn to do this in 2014!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are gorgeous.. really love the first one with that amazing cluster... stunning covers.. love them..

    ReplyDelete
  6. soooooo gorgeous you rocked it!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh YES, the colours are fantastic!! gorgeous projects both of them! you so rock the mixed media these days! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for taking the time to drop by and leave me a comment. I appreciate it so much!