Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Art Journal Cover-- *The Flying Unicorn * January Kit Of The Month

Hello there everyone. I am here today to share with you my first project created with The Flying Unicorn's January Kit Of The Month

You will find The Flying Unicorn's online store HERE and The Flying Unicorn blog HERE

The Flying Unicorn is NOT a kit club - there are no sign ups - the kits are offered on a first come first serve basis- Scrapbooking should be a passion and not an obligation! So head on over to the store to get yours- once they are gone... they are gone!

So this is what I created with the January Kit Of The Month AND the add ons


"Art Journal"


This Finnabair art journal was included in the main kit!!! HOW AWESOME !!! I had the smaller sized one but really wanted the larger one so I was so happy to see it be included in the main kit. 

This kit is absolutely PERFECT for anyone wishing to start trying out a bit of art journalling. I will admit I am still fairly new to it but LOVE it and this was a great way to build up my art journalling stash a bit :))

Everything you see in the art journal cover above is included in the main kit and add ons. The only thing I added was 13arts Turquoise Light mist !

Of course it goes without saying that I was influenced by the very designer of this art journal, Finn , when adding the gorgeous metal flowers and gold colours on the front of my page and the fact that all these elements were indeed included in the kit I think REALLY lend themselves to this style!! 

I had a whole heap of fun making it :) 


Here are some close ups..
Lindy's Stamp Gang mists were included in the kits this month. The Gold coloured one, Grab A Guy A Gold, was used with a paintbrush and then the sponge that was also included in the kits, to create a painted background. 




There was a gorgeous  Clear Scraps mask included in the kit, the Shattered Glass one which I used on my background to create some texture together with 13arts Gesso which was also included in one of the add ons. 


The metal flowers you can see above are part of The Flying Unicorns Designer series. 
I applied some Gesso over them, before spraying them with the gold colour Lindy's mist. 



One of my favourite stamps is the Kaisercraft clear stamp - Journal, which was included in this kit. 





Materials List from the main January Kit Of The Month and January Add Ons
 Art Journal: Prima Marketing Finnabair Vintage Vanity Art Journal 
Gesso: 13arts Gesso
Lindy's Stamp Gang Sprays: Wild Honeysuckle Coral, Maidenhair Fern Green, Grab A Guy A Gold
Background Stamp: Kaisercraft - Journal
Stencil: Clear Scraps Shattered Glass
Metal Flowers and Embellishments: The Flying Unicorn Designer Mix, The Flying Unicorn's Designer Flowers, Petaloo Trinkets - Vintage
Alphabet: Doodlebug Design Alphas
Flowers: Prima Marketing - Le Mia, Prima Marketing - Audrey
Resin: Prima Marketing Shabby Chic Treasures - Fly Away
Lace

Other
13arts Black Ink
13arts Turquoise Light Chalk Mist

 

18 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow beautiful indeed, absolutely stunning.x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really gorgeous:) You use colour & texture soooo well:):)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's totally amazing! Your art journals are always so gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautiful! Love the gold and aqua coloring.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this cover! The gold touches are great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous as always! Love the colours!

    ReplyDelete
  8. beautiful work Nadia, so inspiring!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh so beautiful.. love all the textures and the flowers and layers.. I hope you fill it with wonderful arty experiments that bring you joy!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful! The colours and textures are just wonderful :o)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my word...this is so beautiful. I want one just like that :-P

    ReplyDelete
  12. Absolutely gorgeous! Love the texture, composition and colours. You have done amazing work with this kit!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for taking the time to drop by and leave me a comment. I appreciate it so much!