Monday, November 11, 2013

Scraps Of Elegance November Kt Reveal!

Hi everyone!

Today I am sharing my latest layout using the beautiful Thankful kit from Scraps Of Elegance . I am saddened to say that this is my last reveal for Scraps of Elegance. I have thoroughly enjoyed being on this team and LOVED the kits every month, but I have decided the time has come to move on simply because I am running out of time. I have some exciting things starting up in January and with my current commitments I am finding it hard to keep up. But I will surely miss this place. I would urge you to try out at their next DT call. It is an awesome place :) 

OK so here is this months kit..
"Thankful"
Scraps of Elegance November 2013 monthly kit

Along with a new sketch comes a new sketch challenge - come play along with us, you don't need to use our kits to play, and you could win a nice little RAK (a $20.00 credit to spend in our store)!  You will find the challenge at the Scraps Of Elegance forum HERE


Now here is my layout based on this sketch..


Somewhere in my head, I had THIS layout by my friend Georgia Heald. She probably gets shy and uncomfortable when I keep on mentioning it, but I am her NUMBER 1 fan and liked her work from a looooong way back when she would join in at Once Upon A..Sketch :) Well anyway, our styles are different but I totally get inspired by her and I was recently looking at that layout on her Facebook Page and it kind of stuck. Even though our 2 layouts look different too, I was inspired by her left to right composition and the background. Please do yourself a favour and follow her blog. She is awesome :)

..and here we are when we finally met last week. She came up from Tasmania and stayed with my family and I and we drove further up 1.5 hours to see Heidi Swapp and Kim Jeffress give some classes..


Materials List (from the main kit and add ons)
Paper: Ruby Rock-It  Bella! At Last Collection
 Stencil: Prima  6x6 Stencil - Art Deco Design Background
Alphabet stickers: Webster's Pages  Storytellers 12 x 12 cardstock 
Flowers: Prima- Lil Missy Flowers, Prima -Florella Mulberry Paper Leaves, Prima : Layla Flowers
Trim: Webster's Pages -Heart Lace 
Word Stickers: Webster's Pages - Family Traditions 
Resin: Webster's Pages - Family Traditions Perfect Accents Resin Accessories
Mists: Lindy's Stamp Gang - Flat Fabio Mist - Summer Lovin Sun, Tbird Turquoise and Tears On My Pillow Tangerine


If you like the look of this kit and the add ons you can purchase all of it HERE (where available) 

You will find the Scraps of Elegance website HERE and the forum with many active participants and lots of challenges HERE or their store HERETo purchase or subscribe to these kits please go HERE. 


Have a great day everyone :)  Thanks for dropping by :) 


9 comments:

  1. I love this layout , the ripped background (well at least that's what it looks like) looks awesome and I love how the cluster slowly drifts off the page!
    It funny that you say you got inspired by her page yet they look different cos I too got inspired by your pagemaps sketch page and did that sketch for their competition but our pages look nothing alike ( well clearly!!)
    Oh and I get inspired by so many of your pages not just that one!! Lol
    Anyway.... I can't wait to see what you have coming up next yr!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW !!! THIS SUPER GORGEOUS !! I love the bg a lot...

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow super gorjuss indeed. Love It a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yup, of COURSE I follow Georgia, & she can be as uncomfortable as she likes *winks* but everything you say re: her work is soooo true.......& I really like how you've interpreted it here. That bg work is AMAZING ...you're sooo rocking that! Excited to hear what's in store in 2014:):)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will miss your work for Scraps of Elegance to pieces! You always do such wonderful work with the kits. This lay-out is no exception either. I just love the warm colours!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your layout is stunning, i love the flow across the page.. and I really love Georgia's work too.. she is amazing!! It must have been wonderful to spend some time together with Kim and Heidi too!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for taking the time to drop by and leave me a comment. I appreciate it so much!