Friday, October 18, 2013

Scraps Of Elegance October Reveal + some REALLY exciting news :))

Hi everyone! I hope you are all well. Things are great here. All is going well with baby, and family and everything else. Of course we have some stressful days, as you do with a baby, but all in all its great. 

Sofia is 5 months! She was 5 months yesterday and today she started rolling over from her back to her tummy.. OK minor, but a VERY prod mummy moment. 

Well anyway, as I said we have had some stressful days. It is very hard juggling the demands of everyday life while trying to be the best mum possible to 3 girls.. with all 3 different personalities and needs. You sure do get lost in there somewhere. I dont know what the answer is. I do feel very tired. I am sleep deprived which makes me tense at the best of times, let alone when there are 3 kids in the house. So what do I do? I stay up late scrapping, surfing the net, unwinding, online shopping, chatting with friends..I do not know what i would do if I didnt have this hobby. Probably asleep by 9 pm thats for sure. But with that, I would have ended up feeling even more lost because I dedicate all my time to my family during the day so if I slept from 9 pm sure I would have better looking skin but I would probably be the most depressed person in the world. Ahhh.. sacrifices :) 

Anyway, before I show you my Scraps Of Elegance DT work for this month, I wanted to share some exciting news. I have been asked to be a Contributing Artist at ...


Yep! The Australian flower manufacturer Manor House Creations. YAY! Ok, so when I received an email asking if I would be interested I felt a little stressed, because I was really flattered and excited but instantly thought "Can I do this?". I have been down that path before and let me tell you its not nice to have to quit teams because of your health issues, or feeling overwhelmed. But Manor House Creations sounded really relaxed.... made me a deal  I basically could not refuse LOL! It sounds like a very relaxed environment and they are not too interested in heavy work loads for their DT which suits me perfect! I received a very VERY generous pack of flowers and other things yesterday so I am really excited to show you their new collections very soon :) 

OK, so now lets have a look at the October kit from Scraps Of Elegance..


Scraps of Elegance October Rue des Rosiers Kit

I know I say this every month! And I know you probably think I am just saying it because I am on the DT there, but each and every month the kits are SOOOO gorgeous. SO SO gorgeous. 

This month, we were treated to Websters Pages and Bo Bunny and to see the entire kit contents and add ons please go to the website HERE

The first layout I will show you is this one based on the October kit..



This is my eldest daughter on her birthday party this year, September 22nd. She celebrates it with her sister as their birthdays are 1 day apart. This girl has the dance moves in her blood. Thats for sure. She just has it.. In this pic she is with her best friends. 

 I used a just purchased Dyan Reaveley Dylusions Stencil Number Jumble together with a new product I am trying called Grunge Paste from PaperArtsy which is AWESOME to use. It is more fluid than modelling paste, but still thick and dries quickly! I used these on my background and then used a matt yellow paint from 13arts to dry brush over it. 

 These flowers are from the main kit and are from Heidi Swapp. 

 The gorgeous cheesecloth you see at the back was part of the kit too. I sprayed some of the Heidi Swapp mist that came in the Colour Add On on my mat and then rubbed the cheesecloth on it, sort of wiping my desk with it and then used my heating tool to stiffen it! That was cool! I had never tried that before and it worked well! 


Materials List (from the main kit and add ons)
Paper: Bo Bunny The Avenues collection
Stickers: Bo Bunny The Avenues, Misc Me Stickers Heidi Swapp Definition Stickers
Flowers: Heidi Swapp Magic Paper flowers
Resin flowers: Crate Paper:  Maggie Holmes Flea Market Resin Flowers

From My Stash
Stencil: Dyan Reaveley Dylusions Stencil Number Jumble 
Paste:  Grunge Paste from PaperArtsy
Paint: 13arts


If you like the look of this kit and the add ons you can purchase all of it HERE (where available) 

You will find the Scraps of Elegance website HERE and the forum with many active participants and lots of challenges HERE or their store HERETo purchase or subscribe to these kits please go HERE. 


Have a great day everyone :)  Thanks for dropping by :) 


12 comments:

  1. Congratulations! Sofia is very cute! :) And your works are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh your baby girl is so cute! and clever too, wont be long and she will be up and crawling around!! Well done on your MH gig, enjoy, I love their flowers.. and love the layout too.. love the yellow and the texture from the cheesecloth.. and do look after your self too Nadia!! Have a lovely weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sophie is charming! to grow healthy and happy! The layout is wonderful, as always!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow, this is so sweet and gorgoeus! I just love your work!
    Also huge congrats on your happy Manor House news :) That is so exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations Nadia ! ll three of your daughters are very pretty n the youngest being adorable ! I loved the Lo a lot..girly n still no pink ,loved the yellow and the subtle textures on it !

    ReplyDelete
  6. GORGEOUS photos of Sophia.... Lovely LO with the kit & fabulous news re Manor House....sounds like just the thing for you ATM:):):)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous layout and such adorable pictures of the baby. Love all the techniques you used on your page - beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Nadia your little sweetie is just adorable! Congrats on your new position....you'll be perfect for them! What a stunning lo! So gorgeous as always!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Nadia - Sophia is just too cute and that little outfit is just adorable. I think I have a new hobby now too... baby clothes shopping :) they have such nice stuff compared to when my kids were babies :) It must be so hard juggling all you do. I hope that we are helping just a little bit :) If staying up surfing, chatting, shopping etc keeps you sane then that is what you have to do... I love the layout and they sure have some wonderful stuff. Congratulations on the new spot. Have fun <3

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful photos of your beautiful baby! Congrats on the new DT. The layout is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  11. 5 months already? She's adorable!
    Congratulations on the new DT. LOVE what you have created. The elements and colours all work so beautifully together and the cheesecloth treatment is so effective!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous page, Nadia, and huge congrats on your new gig! And how adorable is your sweet little Sophia!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for taking the time to drop by and leave me a comment. I appreciate it so much!