Saturday, October 26, 2013

Scraps Of Elegance October Kit (Part 2)

Hi everyone!

Back again today to show you one more layout I created for Scraps Of Elegance, using the October Kit Rue des Rosiers 

Scraps of Elegance October Rue des Rosiers Kit


"Family Selfie"
 Oh these are SO hard to get.. Surprisingly it is not myself or the baby that somehow stuff all the family photos up! No, it is hubby who says he looks a little half asleep here (LOL! Too bad!) and the older girls.. One will have a tantrum, the other will do a silly laugh and hubby cannot keep his eyes open to save his life ! LOL


SO after a million takes, you can see the amusement on my face as I TRY to just get a decent shot. This is the best we can do folks..

Ok here are some close ups. I had A LOT of fun playing with this! I tried different things with some masks that came in the sister club Scraps Of Darkness..

 I applied gesso and Heidi Swapp Color Shine in Coral to the background. Then I went in with the new Heidi Swapp Heart Cluster stencil and PaperArtsy Grunge Paste and created the hearts you can see above. 

I used my heat gun directly onto the grunge paste to make it 'puffy" which gave it an extra depth. 

Once all that was dry, I sprayed some Color Shine in Coral on my mat and with a brush I coloured in the hearts. I then used a Uni Posca White Marker to go around the hearts to make them pop a bit more

The kit included a length of chesecloth, which I sprayed again with the Heidi Swapp Coral Color Shine, and heated with my heat gun to stiffen it. This is the texture you can see behind the photo. Once it was dry, I added some thick gesso on it and before it dried up I "stamped" my hearts with it which gave them this AMAZING texture and design you can see in the close up above. 


 Added some stamping..and more Grunge Paste. 


In some areas, I used the stencil and some Color Shine to draw some opaque hearts for more detail. 

Some more stamping, journalling and the title. 

Materials List from the main kit and add ons (including Scraps Of Darkness Add Ons) 
Paper: Bo Bunny The Avenues collection
Stickers: Bo Bunny The Avenues, Misc Me Stickers Heidi Swapp Definition Stickers
Butterflies: Reneabouquets
Stencil: Cluttered Hearts by Heidi Swapp
Mist: Color Shine in Coral by Heidi Swapp
cheesecloth

From my stash
Pen: Uni Posca White marker
Stamp: Prima Marketing Vintage Vanity
Grunge Paste: PaperArtsy


If you like the look of this kit and the add ons you can purchase all of it HERE (where available) 

You will find the Scraps of Elegance website HERE and the forum with many active participants and lots of challenges HERE or their store HERETo purchase or subscribe to these kits please go HERE. 


Have a great day everyone :)  Thanks for dropping by :) 




16 comments:

  1. Just ADORE that heart mask.....looks fab & the photo is FUN:)):)))) gorgeous texture & you use that pp sooooo well:):):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this layout is beautiful. The photo is so natural that, to me, makes it so special.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all the texture Nadia and what a fun time trying to take selfies, the page looks awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Its gorgeous Nadia ! I loved the hearts n the net a lot !

    ReplyDelete
  5. cute picture, wonderful page!!!! ))

    ReplyDelete
  6. A stunning LO, wonderful design and colours, your image is delightful and I love all your gorgeous details.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the extra colour in this LO, it seems so happy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful page- love all your details and the texture and colors you have used!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful layout and I just love the colours... That heart stencil is gorgeous. So many layers and gorgeous texture... Love it... I think you are amazing at getting everyone into the photo never mind looking the same way or keeping eyes open :D fab work.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous lay-out and simply priceless photo! I just love the beautiful colours that you used and the lovely butterflies.

    ReplyDelete
  11. HI There!! I hope you are all well! This makes me smile.. I love those photos that are not perfect but show everyone's fun personality.. this photo is priceless.. I love it! and that texture on the back ground looks fabulous, love those hearts too.. makes the whole layout just shine with love!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just keep coming back for another look.............Love this so much :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOL....gorgeous page and love that stunning background! The selfie is really not bad either....for a selfie..I would say it's near perfect! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. A beautiful family photo, the best kind. Your layout I love all you have done.x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Nadia! I just got a blog notification of your post for the Handmade Holiday Blog Hop; however, when I click the link, it says the page does not exist.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for taking the time to drop by and leave me a comment. I appreciate it so much!