Wednesday, October 23, 2013

A layout for Marion Smith Designs!

Hi everyone!! I hope this post finds you well. 

Today I am sharing a layout I created with the Nirvana collection. 

"Family"

I must admit it has been a while since I created on kraft paper and the reason I decided to pull one out and base my layout on this time was the brown and black and neutral colours of the Nirvana collection. 



I started by applying Liquitex Super Heavy Gesso directly to the background with an old credit card.


 I then used a Crafters Workshop Balzer Designs Tiny Circles stencils, and Golden Fluid Acrylic in Teal to add some bright contrasting colour. I then sprayed some Dylusions Ink Spray in Calypso Teal for an added colour contrast. 

Next, I removed my stencil and turned it over and rubbed the excess sprays and gesso on my page for a messy look. 

Once all that was dry, I added some of my favourite rub ons, from Tim Holtz in random areas and it was finally time to use my FAVOURITE cut outs from the  "Documented" and "Typograph" paper from the Nirvana collection .



These are the 2 papers I used from the Nirvana collection ..





Materials List
Paper: Marion Smith Designs Nirvana Collection
Ink Spray: Dylusions Calypso Teal
Paint: Golden Fluid Acrylic in Teal 
Stencil: The Crafter's Workshop Balzer Designs Tiny Circles
Rub Ons: Tim Holtz Remnant Rubs - Words

Keep an eye out for this collection shipping now. It is available at Amazon.com and some other retails for pre order , however the first couple of batches have sold out so please check with your retailer if they will stock this. 

Make sure to visit the Marion Smith Designs blog HERE, where you will find more inspiration from the other DT members and updates on new products. 

Bye for now :)


Find me here..

10 comments:

  1. Fantastic beautiful layout! And wonderful foto! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's such a cool family photo
    And the craft brings out that gorgeous blue

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your LO Nadia!! Fabulous background and layers and such a lovely family photo!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh this makes me smile.. sometimes getting a photo of all the family is such a huge effort.. at least gorgeous Sofia is looking!! fabulous design and love your special touches to your layout.. the kraft makes a wonderful paper to scrap on!! I hope your week is going well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice work:):) Love the Kraft bg....looks great against the papers & those circles & rubons...really, really NICE!!!!!! Hope you survived today...& Sophia was OK...pretty warm for a baby:( For us adults too...feel so sorry for those people up in the Mountains......

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how everyone's personalities came out in the pic! These are my favorite colors lately! Lovely layout!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous page Nadia! Beautiful family too - love to see how you created your page - very inspirational!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So very cool! Love this fresh page! ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for taking the time to drop by and leave me a comment. I appreciate it so much!