Monday, October 14, 2013

13arts October Challenge ... One more art journal page!

Hey there everyone!!

13arts has just revealed its October challenge HERE and this month it is a picture prompt!

 

We were asked to create a project based on these images and draw inspiration from the colours and images above. The other rule is to also use at least one art medium on your project. 

Here is what I came up with.... this is a page for my first ever art journal. I absolutely loved this quote..

I was inspired by the butterfly and the colours. The quote of course is something that I think expresses the many stages of "thinking" that goes into making decisions. For me, the HEART always wins in the end followed closely by reason which doesnt make sense at all LOL! But I guess what I am trying to say is at the end of the day my heart has to be in anything I do. Once the heart is not interested anymore..well.. I do not hang around much longer. 

Of course, when I used the quote here I am referring to the decision I made to have another baby after the tragic loss of the previous one, stillborn at 20 weeks. Many MANY people often expressed surprise that we "tried again" after what happened. I wasn't. I never thought what happened would stop me. But did all these thoughts enter my mind? Heck yes. Pride, experience and reason is what keeps us grounded. But the heart.. well.. the heart knows what it wants whether its right or wrong. 

In the end, I am very glad we gave it one more try.. I now have Sofia. Need I say more?

This time around I did not use any 13arts papers or embellishments, but instead I used a whole heap of art mediums. 

Remember the online shop is HERE and to check your stockists for your country go HERE


Check out the 13arts blog HERE

Thanks for dropping by today. See you all next time :)


Find me here...
  

10 comments:

  1. It's a great project and thanks for sharing your story :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great job for your first art journaling, I love the butterfly and the background but most of all the quote does it for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great page! And I just LOVE your quote!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fantastic quote
    Gorgeous as always
    You really inspire me to try different things

    ReplyDelete
  5. This art page is gorgeous, love the quote and love the blue colors too!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh this is so beautiful! Gorgeous colours and butterfly!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loving the 'Yvonne Yam' style of showing what you have done...when I get Photoshop up & running, I reckon I'll give this a try...looks really good & easy to see what you've used...that glass bead stuff???? With the little 'eggs'...looks WONDERFUL...totally loooove it...gorgeous colours & the quote is one I didn't know...so thanks for that:):):)

    ReplyDelete
  8. A beautiful art journal page Nadia. I love the cool blues and that quote is one of my favourites too. I also have to go with my heart. The little beads look so cool embedded in the gesso. :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is absolutely stunning, Nadia!! Love both the amazing textures and fab quotation!! I need to get some 13 Arts so I can play along. :-) ~ Blessings, Tracey

    Garden of Grace

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for taking the time to drop by and leave me a comment. I appreciate it so much!