Friday, September 27, 2013

Stephanie Schutze for Wiff Of Joy Blog Hop!!



Hello everyone!! I am so excited to take part in this awesome blog hop for the VERY talented Stephanie Schutze , who blows me away each time with her creations and has now designed some stamp sets for Wiff Of Joy 

This is one of the stamp sets Stephanie has created and the one I used to create some projects with
"Spirit of Nature" stamp set designed by Stephanie Schutze




Now here are my creations using these gorgeous stamps.



 First up is this card, and I decided to use the stamps in a messy way as a background. I also stamped the images and heat embossed them and you can see them in the background in a soft pink.

To start with, I prepped a Strathmore Mixed Media card with Gesso. I then stamped the images of the Spirit Of Nature stamp with embossing ink and heat embossed them with light pink embossing powder.

I then used an UmWOwStudio Circle Confetti Mask with 13arts Ayeeda Modelling Paste and Yellow Lemon Chalk Ink  to create the circles you can see on the card.

Then in a very random way, I used my fingers to apply Thick Gesso to give it it more texture around the edges especially and then applied 13arts Glass Filler  for a grainy effect.

Following that, I stamped the images from the stamp once again with Archival black ink before going over the whole background lightly with Gesso. Lastly, I applied 13arts Pink Ink and let it drip down the length of the card and added more colour using my finger tips and 13arts Coral paint.



Now here is my second project, an altered cover of my notebook.

I just purchased this for a few dollars last weekend and it had a pretty canvas cover. The size of it is about 25cm x 15cm and I bought it to write in ALL my scrappy stuff.. DT commitments, notes to remember etc etc. Without this I would be lost LOL!

So because this is something I use everyday, and I open and close and write in everyday it needed to have a flat surface on the cover as it would not be very practical to write in if it was bulky.

So all I did here, is apply a couple of coats of Gesso to the front cover and then stamped the images from the Spirit of Nature in a very random way in the middle of the cover. I then proceeded to colour in some of the images using Faber Castell Art Grip Aquarelles in Red in random places. Now you must forgive the fact the coloured images do not look perfect... this is indeed one of the first times I have worked with watercolours, but I really wanted a messy, arty look rather than a perfect and crisp finish. :)

To finish with, I sprayed 13arts Ayeeda Turquoise Light Chalk mist and finished the edges with 13arts Ayeeda Paint in Yellow using my fingers and a little water. I sealed the cover using a matte gel.



Here are all the blog hop participants! I encourage you to visit them and see just how they used the above stamp set on their creations. 

You are HERE ---->> Nadia Cannizzo- http://samnadia.blogspot.ch/

Be sure to visit Stephanie's blog too as is giving away  away one of the "spirit of nature" stamp collection. Leave a comment on each of the listed blogs and on my blog and let us know how you like the projects and Stephanie will pick randomly one lucky winner. 
You have time to comment till October 8th, 2013 - midnight EST.

Your next stop is Jessica Lohofhttp://talkaboutpriceless.blogspot.ch/



23 comments:

  1. They are really amazing, Stephanie made cool stamps. I like them and your works, Nadia, are really inspiring

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely !!! Especially the note book cover...I soooo relate...I have one of these too:):):)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are amazing!!! I love both projects, especially the card with the fresh colors! Great backgrounds, very inspiring! Thank you for these wonderful prjects! Hugs, Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cheerful and pretty, so beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW these are so stunning, love all of it and the note book is awesome

    ReplyDelete
  6. so gorgeous! I love your style Nadia! How you can make bugs still look so romantic amazes me! <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous projects! I love the notebook, great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  8. When I saw the project on FB, it totally blew me away! Gorgeous colors and how the stamp had been used!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful!
    I love how you created the card background and your notebook looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, this is so gorgeous! I just love the combination of mixed media and stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hope to be as good as you one day! Gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awesome projects, Nadia! I love how you create texture. I am just starting to use my stamps more, so you've given me some inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  13. These look amazing, you have used those arty stamps well on your card and book cover!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous mixed media projects. I absolutely love that card.

    ReplyDelete
  15. So wonderful projects! Thank you for inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  16. keeping my finger crossed :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. These are true works of art. Beautiful to frame!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congratulations for your super work with new nature stamps!
    Many greetings
    Chiara

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow, I just love your style. So gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for taking the time to drop by and leave me a comment. I appreciate it so much!