Sunday, September 8, 2013

A tag and layout for 13arts + A VIDEO TUTORIAL!!

Well hello everyone!

Sharing my DT projects with 13arts products is always an exciting time for me! mainly because I have usually created something outside my comfort zone as I NEVER really know what I will do when I open my box of amazing 13arts products :)) It really brings out the messy scraper in me LOL!

So anyway today I wanted to share a layout and a tag I created with 2 different collections from 13arts and ALL the beautiful flowers and embellishments that you can also find in the shop!

All the materials I have used here are available at the 13arts store HERE

To start with, here is my layout. 

"Love" by Nadia Cannizzo

I used the gorgeous Faces Of Spring  collection papers and stickers as well as mists and inks from 13arts. 

Today I also had a short video tutorial for you, just to give you an idea of how I created this. 

If you are interested, I now have a Youtube Channel where I plan on adding videos from time to time...

You can subscribe HERE 

It is the VERY first video I have done so please be gentle :) You will see a lot of hand motions.. At first I had planned on talking you through it, but it ended up being a 35 minute video so I thought you would find it too boring, so I sped up the whole thing and hopefully next time I can do better. 

As this is my very first video tutorial I WOULD LOVE some feedback for next time. I am a bit addicted to these now and I really want to know what you think! Also if there is ANYTHING you want me to do a video on PLEASE let me know here in the comments sections, or email me nadiac78@hotmail.com. 

To be truthful.. I never know why anyone wants to see what I create.. I am not trying to devalue my work, but I just think "why would anyone want to know that"?  But I do get asked things all the time so I would appreciate you giving me some ideas on what i can show you on a video. Big or small , I do not mind :) 

A HUGE shout out to my friend Kelly Foster, who is extremely helpful and patient and helped me work some things out, as well as the super talented Miranda Edney too who answered some questions too! Girls, Thank you SO much :) If it were not for your tips I would STILL be trying to work things out LOL! 




Materials List
Paper: Faces Of Spring from 13arts
Art Mediums: Gesso and Modelling Paste, Mist (Turquoise Light), Ink (Yellow) all from 13arts
Flowers: all from 13arts
Background Stamp: Vintage Vanity from Prima
Stencil: Prima Marketing 12x12 Elementals collection - Bubbles
Clocks: Prima Junkyard Findings - Clock Faces
Frame: Handmade by me using Martha Stewart Crafters Clay
Other: masking tape, mesh tape from hardware stores


Now for a change of of colour scheme, here is a tag I created with the pretty Frosted Life collection 

"Follow Your Heart" tag by Nadia Cannizzo
For the background on this one, I used the same technique I used HERE


Materials List
Paper: Frosted Life from 13arts
Sticker Sheet: All Is Love from 13arts
Art Mediums: Glass Filler, Gesso, Modelling Paste, Gel Medium,  Mist (Pearl Pink) , Ink (Pink) all from 13arts
Flowers: All from 13arts
Resin: Kaisercraft
Peg: Canvas Corp
Polaroid Frame: from my stash
Clear Dots: from my stash
Flourishes: Handmade by me using EasyCast resin solution and Flourishes Mold by WeallerHappyDaks


Remember the online shop is HERE and to check your stockists for your country go HERE


Check out the 13arts blog HERE

Find me here...



22 comments:

  1. Nadia!!! YOU did fantastic on this video!! I haven't made one before either- so this was amazing to me! great project and I loved seeing it come together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow! I loved watching your video Nadia! It was great to see how you create. You are such an inspiration. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done on creating your first video Nadia, looks great. I LOVE watching scrapping videos and seeing other peoples processes. It doesn't matter how experienced as a scrapper you are you always learn something new or can be inspired in a different way :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic video and what an exquisite page (as usual!) Stunning tag too x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nadia your Lo is amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

    ReplyDelete
  6. That video was so great! It was so nice to see your creative process (and I can't belive how you managed to make tha gorgeous layout in 30 minutes!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. First of all thanks for making the video! Your pages fall in the category "gorgeous layered mixed media pages with flowers" that I love but couldn't do in my life, so I like watching videos that show the process. When I see a finished project I think that it's something really really difficult and complex, and then you show it step by step and it's not so "unapproachable":)
    The length is perfect - I think 10-15 minutes length is the best in most cases. And the speed is good - not too fast to make me dizzy%)
    I don't mind hands, but the shadows distract a bit, so you could think about light source placement.
    Oh, and I love talking (not only as the way to explain the process but to hear actual voice, it makes virtual person more real, I don't know how to explain it). Text comments also are ok with neutral background music, but I need to know what glue you use! lol and how you choose your brushes.

    Όσον αφορά την απορία σου γιατί θέλουμε να δούμε κάτι που δημιουργείς, η απάντηση είναι απλή - γιατί είναι ωραίο. Και γιατί μπορώ να δω κάτι που δεν θα είχα σκεφτεί μόνη μου και να μάθω.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really, really enjoyed your video! It's so nice to get a peek behind the process of creating your amazing lay-outs. I really love this page! The soft blue looks wonderful with this photo. Also your tag is amazingly beautiful. A great example of 'pretty in pink' :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I thoroughly enjoyed watching you create Nadia and can't wait for the next one as I've subscribed to your you tube. Love the photo on your layout, it's very precious.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I enjoyed the video tremendously! Really awesome and that page is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Exquisite page, Nadia, and so cool watching you make this. I loved seeing you create! Thank you for sharing your process.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi.. Your layout and tag are gorgeous, love the textures and colors and beautiful flowers on your tag too.. I will come back and watch your video and I am sure it will be wonderful to see how you create!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I loved the LO n tag a lot ! Thanks a lot for sharing the video..its very inspiring to see such fab artist at work n making of a wonderful Lo :D !

    ReplyDelete
  14. Well, let me say that this layout is beautiful! Thanks for sharing a video--I really enjoyed watching your technique. The tag is absolutely gorgeous! I keep going back looking at it. One question--how do you manage to keep your nails looking so good?

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your video is wonderful, Nadia!! Your layout is absolutely fantastic, too, so fun to see your process. So glad to help, any time :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ενταξει...τώρα κατάλαβα τι εννοείς "let yourself free" !!! Πολύ το ευχαριστήθηκα το βιντεάκι σου Ναντια!!!! Να'σαι καλά!!!!Φιλακια!!!χχ

    ReplyDelete
  17. great layout and video. I have joined your you tube for more!! It would be great if I could see the actual finished layout at the same time as the video though.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love your video and sooo beautiful design with awesome details

    hugs Carla

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a beautiful layout! I love everything about it and she is beautiful! All the best!
    http://mybeaner.blogspot.ca/ Please come visit sometime I would love your input! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I just found your blog and had a wonderful time watching your video. You make it look so easy. I loved it! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for taking the time to drop by and leave me a comment. I appreciate it so much!