Friday, September 6, 2013

A NEW Design Team!!!

Well hello everyone!! I am SOOOOOOOO happy to announce to you today that I have been invited to join Donna Salazar Designs Design Team!!! YAY!!



 Words cannot express how happy I am to have joined this amazing team and to create for Donna! I have ALWAYS loved her products, but fell deeply in love with them after being a Guest Designer on her blog back in May and had the chance to play around with more of her collections. 

When I finished all my creations back then, I said one thing to my self ... "When Donna Salazar Designs has a DT call YOU WILL apply" !! I made it clear to my scrappy BFF.. that I REALLY wanted to create for Donna Salazar Designs because when I create with products I LOVE, I create at my best (I hope so anyway), the ideas flow freely and the whole process seems effortless! It all just comes together easily. This is how I feel about Donna's collections so imagine my absolute joy when I was asked to join the team permanently! 

So from the bottom of my heart THANK YOU Donna and Natasha for inviting me to be on this team. I am so excited :) 

So here is my first project. I created a canvas using many bits from  different Donna Salazar collections. I also have a photo tutorial on how I created the background further down. 

"Be Yourself" canvas by Nadia Cannizzo



Materials List
Paper
GCD Studios Donna Salazar Mix'd Media Stax2
Want2Scrap Donna Salazar 8x8 Corrugated Cardboard
Chipboard
Want2Scrap Donna Salazar Nestaboard Sprightly Sprockets
Rhinestones
Want2Scrap Donna Salazar Nestabling Sprightly Sprockets
Alphas
GCD Studios Donna Salazar Chipboard Alphas  - Fun & Funky
Stencil
Want2Scrap Donna Salazar Leaves Stencil
Mist
Clearsnap Donna Salazar Smooch Spritz Pralines & Cream
Ink
Clearsnap Donna Salazar Mix'd Media Inx Chiffon
Other
Prima Marketing flowers and background stamp
8x10 Canvas
Gesso
Modelling Paste
Gel Medium 


22 comments:

  1. Nadia, firstly a huge congratulations, I love Donna's products also and your canvas tutorial is fabulous, TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  2. congrats Nadia this is great news, congrats to you, thanks for sharing your tutorial, amazing results :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh congrats on your new DT, to be on something you love like that will be a pleasure for you I am sure, and it shows in your creating.. this canvas is stunning, loads of texture and layers and has a softness as well... beautiful.. have a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Huge congrats!!! Thanks for the tutorial! It came out so beautiful!!!!!xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. congrats girl your talent and style blows me away....how exciting to be apart of Donna's DT!!!! hugs,
    Peggy Lee

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on the DT! The canvas is beautiful! Thanks for the detailed instructions on creating the background. I'm going to try it myself.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats Nadia! I don't know how you manage to keep up with all your DT commitments and little ones! Kudos to you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations Nadia!! Looking at your photos, I know very well why I can't be a mixed media artist haha. That requires lots of patience and skill! Anyway this art piece is FABULOUS! So you! :)))

    ReplyDelete
  9. Woohoot, you make a perfect addition to this design team! Huge congrats sweetie!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Big congrats! And such a wonderful piece of art!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Huge congrats, it a dream team, I agree with you, and you are so talented and so lucky, that I am not surprised)))

    ReplyDelete
  12. wow so beautiful Art !!! love it

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is such WONDERFUL news SO HAPPY for you... & your Canvas is TRULY BEAUTIFUL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations Nadia :). This is a stunning project!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congratulations Nadia looks like you're the perfect fit for the team. As aslways the canvas is gorgeous and thanks for sharing how you created it. Mixed media is so far from my reach so its great to know how you achieved it.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful canvas and CONGRATS! You are perfect for the Donna Salazar DT!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is just gorgeous Nadia! Congrats on your new DT spot!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congrats it's well deserved. She's lucky to have you on the DT. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congratulation Nadia ! I love..ed the canvas you have shared and Thanks a lot for sharing the steps to make an awesome bg !

    ReplyDelete
  20. Congratulations, Nadia!! What an honor and awesome design team to be on!!!! Donna Salazar is amazing and so is your work. Congrats again!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Congratulations Nadia! So happy for you!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for taking the time to drop by and leave me a comment. I appreciate it so much!