Tuesday, September 24, 2013

A layout for Marion Smith Designs using Nirvana!

Hi everyone! Today I am sharing a layout I created with the Nirvana collection by Marion Smith Designs

"Bright Eyes" by Nadia Cannizzo

As we are still awaiting the printed collection, I had fun creating a 12x12 background by overlapping the printouts from my A4 printer. I used some Gesso, stamps and mists to "hide" the joints in the background. 

I also really liked the blue in this collection and decided to use that as my main colour to contrast against the purple in the photo. But when I came back to look at the images of the collection on my computer, the blue looked a little more like a teal .. LOL My printer must have changed the colours slightly as it printed them out. Oh well ! Still looks OK I think :)

Here are the papers I used from the Nirvana collection




Oh the possibilities are endless and I have so many ideas in my head for the next project.

Keep an eye out for this collection shipping now. It is available at Amazon.com and some other retails for pre order , however the first couple of batches have sold out so please check with your retailer if they will stock this. 

Make sure to visit the Marion Smith Designs blog HERE, where you will find more inspiration from the other DT members and updates on new products. 

Bye for now :)

Find me here...

6 comments:

  1. This is sooo cute & the blue colour looks fab & it really emphasises Sophia's eyes.....love your MM bg....LOL....certainly CANNOT see any joins!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah bright eyes indeed! How beautiful the photo is, and I love your back ground and those roses are lovely too.. such a gorgeous photo.. I hope you are all well!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is such a gorgeous girl and you have scrapped her in such a gorgeous way too. I just love the pretty flowers surrounding that super cute photo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a precious photo and a beautiful way to showcase it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful layout... such a good idea to use papers and hide joins...she is such a beautiful girl...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful layout for a beautiful little girl! she really does have stunning eyes! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for taking the time to drop by and leave me a comment. I appreciate it so much!