Thursday, August 1, 2013

Scraps Of Elegance AUGUST REVEAL!!!

Hi everyone! 

The latest kit from Scraps Of Elegance has JUST been released. August's kit is SO pretty...
You will find the Scraps of Elegance website HERE and the forum with many active participants and lots of challenges HERE or their store HERETo purchase or subscribe to these kits please go HERE. 


"Sweet Summer Nights"

Included in this month's kit:


Patterned Paper
Fabscraps: Milkshake Chic Collection:  Chocolate, Blueberry, Raspberry,Cream Soda
Authentique: Sweetness Collection: Decadent, Novelty, Premium
Kaisercraft:  True Romance Collection:  Lovestruck, Faithful, Adore

Embellishments
Kaisercraft:  True Romance Colour Rub-Ons
Authentique:  Sweetness Accents punch out die cuts
Fabscraps: Milkshake Chic Clear Stickers
Fabscraps:  Die Cut Chipboard Diva Glasses
Ranger:  Spun Sugar Distress Stickles
Reneabouquets:   Our signature hand-crafted butterflies
Queen & Co:  Pretty In Pink Rhinestones
May Arts:  Pink Pom Poms trim - 1 yard
Prima:  Merci Pastel Mix Fabric Flowers
Core'dinations: 2 medium Core Tags
Inspirational Sketch by Suepup, created just for our Sweet Summer Nights Kit



Along with a new sketch comes a new sketch challenge - come play along with us, you don't need to use our kits to play, and you could win a nice little RAK (a $20.00 credit to spend in our store)!  You will find the challenge at the Scraps Of Elegance forum HERE


and here is my take on this sketch challenge using materials from the main kit and add ons


Did you know that Scraps Of Elegance also has a sister kit club called Scraps Of Darkness? Well, I subscribe to their add on kits and this month the Color Add On kit included Faber Castell Gelatos, which I would have never bought as I have been a little scared of them LOL! Given my impulsive nature, I TRY not to spend too much money on "trends" etc .. Well.. not as much as I used to anyway LOL! But I am so glad I was able to get a small sample of Gelatos because even though they were in the Scraps Of Darkness add on, they coordinated perfectly with the Scraps Of Elegance kit! 

So here is my first attempt... go easy on me ... LOL After looking through a few online tutorials and getting many ideas from the Faber Castell blog I kind of got the effect I wanted. I have improved HEAPS since this layout LOL! You will see in the next few projects I show you with this kit that I have become more confident. 

With this layout, I gessoed (YES BAD English coming from the teacher I know! LOL) the base paper and applied the Gelatos directly on the paper and sprayed them with water and then rubbed with my fingers. I got SO confident I thought it would be a great idea to mix two colours.. (IMPULSIVE remember!) .. Well.. it wasnt that easy hence a thick layer of white paint AND gesso ,which you cant see,PLUS some more black ink stamping  to cover it all up ! 



  SO here is the munchin! 2 months old ALREADY! She has changed so much and growing so fast. Look at her hair! Its in a little pony tail ALREADY! She was born with SO much hair . LOVE it! 






Now you will see above that I have used a couple of different background stamps and they are mostly from Kaisercraft! I LOVE THEM. They are pretty inexpensive and they come in LOTS of styles. But sadly, I do not have much success with the Kaisercraft rub ons :( I think I am doing something wrong because they never come out right. So in the image above, the scattered letters you can see are actually from the Kaisercraft rub ons in the kit which I thought to use anyway rather than waste them. 


 But there was SOME success with the rub on above. After about 15 minutes, and a couple of numb fingers later I managed to get the above quote rubbed on the paper. 





Materials list from the kit and add ons (including some add ons from Scraps of Darkness)
Paper
 Kaisercraft : The Romance collection, Fab Scraps Milkshake collection
Embellishments
Kaisercraft:  True Romance Colour Rub-Ons
Authentique:  Sweetness Accents punch out die cuts
Fabscraps: Milkshake Chic Clear Stickers
Collectibles: Love This tag
Flowers
Prima:  Merci Pastel Mix Fabric Flowers
Core'dinations: 2 medium Core Tags
Alphas
American Crafts DIY Thickers - white
Art Mediums 
Lindy's Starburst Mist - Mountain Lavender Gold
Lindy's Glitz Spritz - Royal Emerald Fire
Lindy's Old Baldy Caps (to convert Lindy's mists into stains)

Faber Castell / Design Memory Craft Gelatos Designer's Colors - Tropical
Mask
Prima:  Marketing Sunrise Sunset - Checker

Other materials frommy stash
Stamps
Kaisercraft : Arty
Bo Bunny: Stained Textures
Punches
E.K Success Double Crochet Doily
Fiskars : Notebook
Other: 
Gesso, Masking Tape, mesh tape, white acrylic paint


Hope you liked my layouts!
If you like the look of this kit and the add ons you can purchase all of it HERE (where available) 

You will find the Scraps of Elegance website HERE and the forum with many active participants and lots of challenges HERE or their store HERETo purchase or subscribe to these kits please go HERE. 


Have a great day everyone :)  Thanks for dropping by :) 

15 comments:

  1. beautiful child and work! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh she's so cute I could eat her. Those eyes are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, your lay-out is so beautiful! As is your precious little girl :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a BEAUTIFUL layout Nadia!! You always create SOOOOOO BEAUTIFULLY with SOE kits....
    OH! & don't have much luck with rubons either... Probably cause not as patient as you maybe! hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how you make me laugh as I read through your posts! You just brighten my days :) She sure is a cutie patooie and I sure don't envy your hubby as your three beauties grown into young ladies - He is just going to have to meet boys at the front door with a baseball bat ha ha. (of course this comes from a mom of three boys!!) Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Omg look at her hair! So jealous!! My daughter was born with heaps of hair and lost it all until she was about 2 the it was so incredibly curly it was adorable. The older she gets the curls are going. I love this page... The kits looks amazing.
    I too have been looking at gelato's but I'm too scared to try new things.
    I love looking at your so work. So many gorgeous hidden little treasures over the page.
    I bet they look even better in the flesh!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, this layout is beautiful, Nadia! Sofia is so pretty! Look at all that hair! I have some Gelatos but have been afraid to try them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow - stunningly beautiful layout - absolutely LOVE it !! Your daughter already looks like her big sisters she is just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous reveal! And oh, she warms my heart all the way here in Texas! Great job with the gelatos. I have a few!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my... I can't see anything apart from those stunning eyes! I am mesmerized...... seriously, what adorable eyes on Sofia!!! and after tearing myself away from those eyes I see a beautiful layout, so gorgeous, love the back ground details.. and sometimes I don't have much luck with rub ons either, and if you are after a bit of a grungy look it is ok, but sometimes you want the quote to turn out really well!!!! my goodness I better turn away from Sofia's eyes or I will turn to jelly!!!! What a doll!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can't believe how big she is already seems like just yesterday :D Such a beautiful layout for a beautiful baby... I study your layouts for ages just hoping that some of your creativity will rub off.... :D :D :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. 1: CUTE DD photo!
    2: Gelatos ROCK, & they look cool here, even if you did have to 'cover' them a little!!
    3: I LOVE the 'shabby' look 1/2 rubbed on rubons give, I think they look FAB here!
    4: I TEXTED. GESSOED. The language is changing. Cringe. Can't do much about it!!!
    5: LOVE the mix of textures & FABULOUS Kaisercraft stamps here, too....great page:):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Aaaawww! she sure is a cutie, just like her sisters and mom! I have a box of gelatos and no idea how to use them, thanks for the reminder to go Faber Castell's website - duh on me! Love how you create on impulse, the result isn't always what you had planned but it looks more than GREAT to me!! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for taking the time to drop by and leave me a comment. I appreciate it so much!