Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Prima August BAP


Well it has been a LOOOOOONG time since I last played along over at the Prima blog. What inspired me to do so this time? The brand new Prima products that JUST arrived on some of my fave Australian scrapbooking stores. Some were impulse buys, because I will admit I got caught up in the new CHA release craze this time and when I saw them plastered all over my Facebook news feed I HAD to order them right there and right then! LOL! 

To be honest, the one collection I had to have this time (and trust me, I am not a HAVE TO HAVE kind of scrapper) was some of Finn's newest designs for Prima, mainly because I really liked the last collections and all the new stencils and stamps looked YUM! REALLY exciting for this mummy of a newborn who is pretty lonely some days LOL! 

Well anyway.. I only received my purchases a few days ago and the photo I have used on this layout is one I took on Saturday (17/8) when Sofia turned 3 months old. Isn't she cute? I'm allowed to say that I am the mum right? LOL??

So the collection I used here, is Vintage Vanity which comes in an A4 paper pad! YES A4! But that wasn't going to stop me from creating a 12x12 layout was it? 

This is also what sparked my enthusiasm.. just look at the Prima August sketch! It really does lend itself to joining 2 papers together doesn't it? 


2013 August BAP


I flipped the sketch around and here is my layout. I LOVED creating this.. I really LOVED having brand new products to create with. 

"3 months"

Because this is a layout about my sweet baby, I decided to pull the purple colour from her clothes and add some of that using Faber Castell Gelatos (Lavender) in some areas of the layout to make it softer. The yellow colour you can see is LuminArte Twinkling H2o in Daffodil which I had purchased at Finn's class in March and had just not had a chance to use it yet. After seeing them being used to create a great effect on many layouts online, I decided to give it a go. Its brilliant. I love it!

Materials List

Paper collection
Prima Marketing Finnabair A4 Paper Pad - Vintage Vanity 
Embellishments
Wood Buttons: Prima Marketing Engraver collection
Clock Faces: Prima Marketing Junkyard Findings
Frame: handmade by me using Martha Stewart Crafter's Clay
Flowers
Prima Marketing Sunrise Sunset collection
Prima Marketing Merci Pastel Mix
Prima Marketing Vinetta Almanac
Alphas
Prima Marketing Canvas Alphas
Stencil
Prima Marketing Finnabair 12x12 Elementals - Bubbles
Stamp
Prima Marketing Vintage Vanity
Art Mediums
Faber Castell Gelatos - Lavender
LuminArte Twinkling h2o - Daffodil

Hope you are having a great day :)

Take care now!

xoxo

19 comments:

  1. I love the colours in your pages. So gorgeous.
    The sketch is amazing too... Might need to stash that one away for future!
    I can't believe how big your baby girl looks already... It does go far too quick.
    I just love looking at your pages over and over again cos I always see something new.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, your lay-out is just the perfect combination of grungy and girly! I just love all the wonderful details here and the layers of different textures. Plus, your girl is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just divine Nadia! And what a gorgeous little princess you have to scrap too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sophie - a charming little girl! Very nice page! Wonderful color spectrum!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your little princess is a cuty pie Nadia !! Loved the soft colors and how you have paired lavender with yellow..n the textures created with bubble stencil !!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh how beautiful!! What a doll!! I love the colors and all the back ground details you have used.. fabulous layout!! love the design with the 2 papers too.. I hope your day is going well!

    ReplyDelete
  7. She is very like you Nadia. Great use of these new products and fab mixed media elements:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love it! Nothing else to say! Φιλακια

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aw, Nadia ... Not just cute! She has such gorgeous eyes! Love this page and the wonderful texture and fun mixed media elements! And I always love how faithful you are to journal.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful baby! Look at those gorgeous big eyes! Your layout is beautiful, too. I love the texture.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Of COURSE you are allowed to say she's cute.....& She is, & I'm not even her mother!!!! Beautiful colours....those circles are absolutely YUMMY & I Love how you've used them in different ways here....great layers, too:):):)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! This is just absolutely beautiful! Such a sweet pic with such fabulous creativeness to add even more splendor! LOVE everything about this!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful! I love your work and the colours are so pretty. Your baby is precious!

    ReplyDelete
  14. A soft and beautiful page to show that gorgeous baby girl...Loving all the layers, circles and stamping :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh what a precious, sweet photo and gorgeous soft page to showcase it. Love your mixed media techniques! ~ Blessings, Tracey

    Garden of Grace

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love your interpretation of the sketch... it is not an easy sketch I don't think but I love what you have done. The soft colours, textures and layers all to frame your gorgeous baby girl. Can't believe she is 3 months old already... where does the time go... Love this Nadia...
    You visited my little blog...:D I was grinning like the village idiot - thank you so much. I really appreciate your very kind words Mwah xox

    ReplyDelete
  17. that baby is absolutelly beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for taking the time to drop by and leave me a comment. I appreciate it so much!