Sunday, August 25, 2013

Love, Laugh, Love canvas

Hi there lovely people! I hope this post finds you well. Things are going well here :)

Today I wanted to share with you this canvas I created just because..! Well, truth is I had a few things left over from my August Scraps of Elegance kit along with some Scraps Of Darkness add ons and rather than pack them away never to be seen again, I thought I would continue to play around with some of the Faber Castell Gelatos and see what I can create on canvas this time. 


Where I would normally mist the background, I applied Gelatos directly on to the canvas after I had applied 1 layer of extra thick Gesso on it. I applied 2 colours of Gelatos and used only some water and my fingers to blend the colours together and spread them on the canvas. 

The rest.. ..well the rest was just more fun. Just adding whatever last bits of the kit I had left over and some of my favourite little embellies and finished it off with inking the title words black and going over them with Glossy Accents . 

Materials List from Scraps of Elegance and Scraps Of Darkness Add Ons
Flowers
Prima Marketing Joulee Quartz
Bo Bunny Buttercup Zinnia
Kaisercraft mini blooms -yellow (from my stash) 
Prima Marketing Sunrise Sunset Mechanicals (from my stash)
Embellishments
Kaisercraft Wooden Flourishes - Live, Laugh, Love
Prima Marketing Vintage Trinkets (from my stash)
Pink Paislee Luxe Circle Place Mat (from my stash)
Prima Marketing Resin 
Art Mediums 
Lindy's Starburst Mist - Mountain Lavender Gold
Lindy's Glitz Spritz - Royal Emerald Fire
Lindy's Old Baldy Caps (to convert Lindy's mists into stains)
Faber Castell / Design Memory Craft Gelatos Designer's Colors - Tropical


That's the last of my August creations for Scraps Of Elegance. Hope you liked it :) 

If you like the look of this kit and the add ons you can purchase all of it HERE (where available) 

You will find the Scraps of Elegance website HERE and the forum with many active participants and lots of challenges HERE or their store HERETo purchase or subscribe to these kits please go HERE. 

Have a great day everyone :)  Thanks for dropping by :) 


                                         


16 comments:

  1. I think this is so beautiful, Nadia! I am just now trying out Gelatos, gesso, modeling paste, etc. I've been a bit intimidated by it, so I'm just taking baby steps. Hopefully, I'll be more comfortable with it soon. In the meantime, thanks so much for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutey stunning, Nadia!! Love how you used the Gelatos!! I'm going to have to try this technique. ~ Blessings, Tracey

    Garden of Grace

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOWZERS! Such a BEAUTIFUL Canvas... ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful Nadia.Love pink and yellow together .

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely gorgeous, this is one precious piece of art, Nadia!! I love all the supplies you used. Colors and designs are perfect, excellent job my friend!! Good to know you are doing well there. Same here :D

    Have a wonderful week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is my favourite quote and you really made it shine on this gorgeous canvas. I love the colours and the wonderful flower arrangement.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely gorgeous canvas Nadia. I love everything about this - the textures and colours are amazing

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really beautiful Nadia. I had my first play with Geleatos this week too, awesome aren't they? Love your canvas. Cheers Di xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely sweet canvas, I like the pastelfeeling of it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Really gorgeous....the flowers are yum, & the gelatos look fabulous........they are my fave words, & in the black they look fabulous:):):)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just gorgeous! Awesome that you have time to create something so amazing 'just because' hehe xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. This looks so lovely, I must look into getting some gelatoes, they make such amazing back ground details.. I hope you have a wonderful week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  13. So gorgeous Nadia, love the clean bright feeling that this generates :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is super gorgeous Nadia ! I loved the pretty colors and wonderful blooms.what a fab job out of left over items !

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love love love!!! I've just ordered some gelatos...I can't wait to have a play with them! I adore the softness of this canvas with the bright pop of yellow....looks awesome :) Love and Peace xox

    ReplyDelete
  16. I just love this canvas. I ordered some gelatos too... online... so will have to see how much it is going to set me back by the time they get here... cant wait to have a play with them.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for taking the time to drop by and leave me a comment. I appreciate it so much!