Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Guest Designer at 7Dots Studio!!!

I can finally share my projects I created with the beautiful 7Dots collections I was sent for a Guest Designer spot back in July!!! Things got in the way, like a new DT starting there, among other things and my work was posted there just a few days ago HERE 

Thank you Tusia for the chance to be a Guest Designer for you and the generous box of gorgeous collections you sent me :)

****

I used the Hopefully collection to create this tag. I particularly loved the sentiments written on the papers and stickers of this collection and absolutely loved the bright colours so I decided to create this tag with a message to myself…that maybe when all seems lost and you have given up, remember that there could always be a new beginning and a bright future.

Hopefully collection papers
- Love Me
- 12×12 Sticker Sheet
-6×12 Sticker Sheet

*****

I used the All I Ever collection to create this canvas. Once again, I felt it was necessary to use the inspirational quotes that were printed on these papers to create a canvas to give as a gift to a very special friend of mine who is going through some tough times right now. This is a 20cm x30cm canvas, and I ripped All I Ever – Peaceful Place in random places and created my base before using the die cuts and stickers together with flowers , some gesso, masking tape and mesh tape to create my layers.

 All I Ever Collection papers
-Peaceful Place
-Elements 12×12
-Stickers 12×12


*****


I loved the subtle colours of the Love Is In The Air collection, and the wonderful light feel this collection has. I am a big fan of writing messages on my layouts for my daughters and I usually do this in the form of quotes, like the one I have included here. I wonder sometimes if they will ever keep  the thousands of layouts I would have created for them by the time they are my age, but for now I rejoice in seeing them pull out their albums and read my little messages to them. Luckily, I have photographed all my layouts so they will at least be able to view them electronically LOL.
 Love Is In The Air collection
- Whisper Of The Tree
- 12 x 12 tags

*******

The next project is a mini book. I have wanted to do this for a LONG time. The book will store lyrics from the songs I hear. This is the front cover and on the left hand side down the bottom I write “If you want to know me, pay attention to the lyrics of the songs I listen to” . For me, music is everything. I do not go a day without listening to some sort of music. You can usually tell what state my mind is at depending on the songs I hear. I never listen to songs just by chance, unless its a catchy one hit wonder that I dance to with my daughters!  The last couple of years,  most of my songs are sad and they play on repeat each time I listen to them and this was due to some emotional hardships I have had to endure. This is when I realised I needed to document the lyrics of the songs I listen to, together with dates which will serve as a diary to read back on and remember..For this mini book, I used once again the Love Is In The Air collection. I started by covering the book with I Must Believe paper and Just Dreaming paper and finished the front cover with the Love Is In The Air tags.

 Love Is In The Air collection
- I Must Believe
- Just Dreaming
- 12 x 12 tags



*******

I  used the Queens Heart collection to create this card set and mini album. I used all the 6×6 paper pad to create these 2 cards and the rest of the papers I made a 6×6 album



I hope you liked my creations :) 

Please visit the 7Dots blog HERE to see more inspiration from their Design Team 






11 comments:

  1. Stunning projects Nadia, show the versatility of those products and your amazing talent and imagination!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous projects Nadia ! I just love the way you combine various papers,colors and textures on your projects !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, your style suits their products really perfectly! I'm truly blown away by each one of your gorgeous creations. You're amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh, Nadia! All of these projects are fantastic! I love each and every one of them. I am especially drawn to the tag and canvas. I could stare at them for ages!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just incredible! Love them all...sooo different, but really lovely 'eye candy':):):)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such beautiful projects Nadia & you really have showcased these products well. I think I need to get myself some of these too. Di xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. So many stunning projects. You did amazing girly! Xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't LIKE your creations I LOVE your creations and of all of these I really don't know which one I like the most. They are all so pretty and special in their own way. You have been so busy.... Just gorgeous Nadia and congrats on the Guest DT spot. They are so lucky to have you xox

    ReplyDelete
  9. Omg! LOVELY!!! SO glad I found your blog! :)
    I'll be back for sure! ;)
    Hugs from Sweden.
    /Karin~Kajsan

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow you have been busy, and so full of creativity too.. these each are so beautiful.. Love the textures and colors and the beautiful thoughts on them... very special keepsakes.. really love what you have created in this post.. I hope your week is going well!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the way you write on your projects - all in a little cluster, your own special handwriting which I think looks great. So much eye candy in this post and full of amazing inspiration - thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for taking the time to drop by and leave me a comment. I appreciate it so much!