Monday, August 12, 2013

A layout using Marion Smith Designs new digital collection...

Hi everyone. As I mentioned last week I recently was invited to join the first ever Marion Smith Designs Design Team and while we await the arrival of our product to arrive, we have been asked to play around with the Scarlet collection, a digital paper line designed by Marion Smith. You will find this collection at the website HERE 

Here is a glimpse of what they look like...






It had been a while since I printed some digital papers and elements, but fellow DT member Tonya Gibbs put together a super quick and easy tutorial on how to print these elements out. You will find that HERE if you are interested. I do not own a printer that can print 12x12 papers, so this is a GREAT tutorial on how to print with the printer you already own. 



This layout is made up of 90% Scarlet printables. The only things not from the collection are the 2Crafty chipboard title and polaroid frame. 

It was very easy to put this together and I urge you to give printables a go if you have not done so before. 

I printed out a few papers from the collection on A4 standard cardstock that was textured. I did this because I wanted a shabby , canvas like look. 

I then overlapped all the papers and adhered them to a 12x12 white cardboard. I went over the whole background with Gesso to give it a uniform look and to create a 12x12 background. 


The rose designs were all printed out on white card stock again and fussy cut



 All the circle elements were also printed out and fussy cut. 







I hope I have inspired in some way to try this. 

Thanks for dropping by. 

Don't forget to drop by the blog HERE and remember there is still a DT Call going for Marion Smith Designs 'till the 20th of August!

Bye for now. 


12 comments:

  1. HI Nadia! Well this is stunning, I think the photo in the center just is amazing and I love the touch of red in the papers and elements.. another absolutely gorgeous layout.. such pretty papers too.. I hope you had a great weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh..my..This is fab..loved the shabby look it has..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my, your lay-out is so full of love and femininity. Truly amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a stunning, feminine page. Love how you incorporated the digi elements! ~ Blessings, Tracey

    Garden of Grace

    ReplyDelete
  5. Multi-layered, space and very affectionately! entrancing Page!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your layout is so pretty! The photo of your little girl is precious!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nadia you are amazing. Love love love.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nadia this is gorgeous and I love the idea of printable... I don't think even I could screw that up... going to look now and see how to do it....

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome LO - the papers are gorgeous and that piccie is a stunner.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a divine photo. She looks beautiful.
    Love the pop of colours in this page. Stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  11. OOOOppppssss...I was surfing in your blog and just found out about Marion's DT!!! WOOHOO!!!!!! Congrats Nadia!!!!!!!! OMG...that layout is just so beautiful!!! Marion is a clever lady and lucky to have you!!! <3

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for taking the time to drop by and leave me a comment. I appreciate it so much!