Monday, August 19, 2013

A layout and mini book for Scraps Of Elegance!

Oh I have been having LOTS of fun with the August kit from Scraps Of Elegance! 

You will find the Scraps of Elegance website HERE and the forum with many active participants and lots of challenges HERE or their store HERE

To purchase or subscribe to these kits please go HERE. 


"Fun"
 OK so maybe with good reason, my layouts have been a little heavy lately ..
So I decided to have fun with this one, and used an instagram photo of the older girls at their Saturday swimming lessons. Just for a lighter touch :) 

I have also been experimenting with some Faber Castell Gelatos that came in an add on I purchased from their sister kit club Scraps Of Darkness! I absolutely love them and I know I am pretty slow in catching on with the water colour backgrounds etc etc  and I do see this effect (which i am not even sure what its called) a lot online but had never tried it. 

I traditionally have used spray mists to colour anything and I am pretty sure there are many ways to get this effect, but all I did here was apply the Gelatos directly on the page like you would apply with a crayon, sprayed it liberally with water, lifted my page upright and then back and forth and let it run in all different directions. 

Once that way dry, I used a small spray bottle to add some shavings of the pink gelato and then added water to it which turned it into a mist, a darker one this time, which I then used to spray on some of the embellishments that have that pink colour to them. Isn't that awesome to be able to coordinate and manipulate mediums like that and get a different effect? 

Materials List from the main kit and add ons (including add ons from Scraps Of Elegance)
Paper
Authentique Sweetness collection
Die cuts
Authentique Sweetness collection
Art Mediums 
Lindy's Starburst Mist - Mountain Lavender Gold
Lindy's Glitz Spritz - Royal Emerald Fire
Lindy's Old Baldy Caps (to convert Lindy's mists into stains)
Faber Castell / Design Memory Craft Gelatos Designer's Colors - Tropical
Alphas
American Crafts DIY Thickers
Flowers
Prima Merci Pastel Mix
Kaisercraft mini blooms (from my stash)

From my stash
Kaisercraft Spraklets - Crystal
Kaisercraft Blossoms - reson Flower Orchid
handmade ornate frame by me using Martha Stewart Crafters Clay 
white acrylic paint, gesso, masking tape, mesh tape



So with a swimming theme in mind, I created this mini album. 
The album itself, is a Want2Scrap 8"x8"corrugated cardboard, which I painted the front with gesso and then a couple of thick layers of white acrylic paint.

 I then applied the Gelatos again, but this time I rubbed them in with my fingers which I had wet just slightly. 

The image above is the  colour add on  for August from Scraps Of Elegancekit this month and it was SO cool! It included 2 mists from Lindy's Stamp Gang as well as a pack of their Old Baldy caps, which turn your mists into stains. So so so easy to turn your Lindy's mists into stains which you apply like a paint, and I have used this here on my background. I also used the caps, with a pink Lindy's mist from an old Scraps Of Elegance kit to paint the circle chipboard you can see at the background AND the 2 lady figurines on my cover. 
Once again SO fun to experiment!

Materials List from the main kit and add ons (including add ons from Scraps Of Elegance)
Paper
Authentique Sweetness collection
Die cuts
Authentique Sweetness collection
Art Mediums 
Lindy's Starburst Mist - Mountain Lavender Gold
Lindy's Glitz Spritz - Royal Emerald Fire
Lindy's Old Baldy Caps (to convert Lindy's mists into stains)
Faber Castell / Design Memory Craft Gelatos Designer's Colors - Tropical
Alphas
American Crafts DIY Thickers
Flowers
Prima Marketing Sunrise Sunset collection
Prima Marketing Avante Spring
Embellishments
 Queen & Co Pretty In Pink Rhinestones
Fabscraps Chipboard Silhouettes 
Trims
May Arts

From My Stash
Want2Scrap 8x8 corrugated album
Pink Paisle Luxe Circles Place Mat
white acrylic paint, gesso, masking tape, mesh tape



Hope you liked my projects!
If you like the look of this kit and the add ons you can purchase all of it HERE (where available) 

You will find the Scraps of Elegance website HERE and the forum with many active participants and lots of challenges HERE or their store HERETo purchase or subscribe to these kits please go HERE. 


Have a great day everyone :)  Thanks for dropping by :) 

12 comments:

  1. Stunning work as always Nadia :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love them both sweet Nadia. Always amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful work Надя! mini-album on a corrugated cardboard looks charming!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just beautiful Nadia & I know what you mean about just trying them out for the first time as I too have just received my set last week & am still getting familiar with Geleatos. They are a fun product I agree. Love this. Cheers Di xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are both so gorgeous and girly! I love how you really gave this sweet kit your own twist :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both are beautiful layouts and I love the backgrounds on both. I really struggle with trying to get this watercolour look. I have seen so much on the gelatos I am sure I am going to have to get some...

    ReplyDelete
  7. These look wonderful Nadia, and I do not have any gelatoes, I guess this could be a new addiction??hehe! But seriously the back ground does look amazing and unique as each time you create with them the result would be different each time.. lovely photo of your girls too.. love the look of the corrugated card.. I hope your day is going well!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely layout and album, Nadia. I have a couple of Gelatos but have been a bit afraid to try them. I definitely need to give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow!! What a gorgeous page - love the mixed media pink background with the lovely touches of aqua from the photo!! Fabulous mini book too! ~ Blessings, Tracey

    Garden of Grace

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow ! I loved that gelato bg a lot..it looks fab on water color paper ! The album cover is just awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous background with the Gelatos. They seem to be the rage at the moment. The pink looks so pretty with the aqua and as always your girls look beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for taking the time to drop by and leave me a comment. I appreciate it so much!