Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Scraps Of Elegance July kit reveal!!

Hi everyone! 

I hope all is well wherever you are. I am dropping by  to share with you my first layout using July's kit from Scraps of Elegance!

You will find the Scraps of Elegance website HERE and the forum with many active participants and lots of challenges HERE or their store HERETo purchase or subscribe to these kits please go HERE. 


This is what the July kit looks like..

"Home Sweet Home"

Included in this month's kit:


Patterned Paper
Pink Paislee: Cottage Farms Collection:  Market, Barrel, Wheelbarrow
Bo Bunny: Prairie Chic Collection: Chevron, Calico, Garden, Laundry, Yard Sale
Kaisercraft:  Base Coat 2 Collection:  Wicker
Studio Calico:  Atlantic Collection:  Seabrook

Embellishments
Kaisercraft:  Porcelain Rose 12 x 12 Overlay
Bo Bunny:  Prairie Chic Home Again Cardstock Stickers
Bo Bunny: Prairie Chic Noteworthy Die Cuts
Gina's Designs:  8x10 Flowers & Vine Chipboard frame with additional flowers - designed
exclusively for our Home Sweet Home kit
Docrafts:  Vintage Notes Crochet Flowers
Reneabouquets:   Our signature hand-crafted butterflies
Pink Paislee:  Cottage Farms Photo Frames
May Arts:  Teal Silky Crushed Ribbon - 24"
Inspirational Sketch by Suepup, created just for our Home Sweet Home Kit

Embellishment Add On

Floral Add On

Color Add On

Along with a new sketch comes a new sketch challenge - come play along with us, you don't need to use our kits to play, and you could win a nice little RAK (a $20.00 credit to spend in our store)!  Here's where you can find the challenge: Home Sweet Home sketch challenge


Now here is my layout based on this gorgeous sketch.,
Of course if you have followed my blog for a while, you must understand what this biblical quote means and why I used it with a photo of Sofia and I. Throughout the long journey to have Sofia, my relationship with God changed many times.  It was hard not to be angry at Him for what I went through. I wondered some days "which Father would wish this pain on their child?" .  I prayed daily for a baby, a healthy baby this time. When I found out I was pregnant, I ironically turned to Him again and of course just like any parent He forgave me for my anger. It felt that my cries had reached Him. Time passed, my anger settled and I started to see some reasons for all the battles. Unfortunately I needed to go through this to find myself. And I have. 


Materials from the kit and add ons
Paper collection: Pink Paislee Cottage Farms
Rub Ons: Pink Paislee Cottage Farms
Photo Frames: Pink Paislee Cottage Farms
Texture Paste: Shimmerz Texturez - Tidy Widy
Mist: Shimmerz Vibez - Pop Art Pink
Chipboard circle frame: Ginas Designs - Flowers and Vines Frame
Flowers: Prima Marketing - Mini Sachet Sure
Crochet Doily: Vintage Notes
Butterfly: Reneabouquets
cheesecloth

Other
Kaisercraft Clear Stamp: Script

I have a couple more creations with this kit that I will show you over the next few days. 

If you like the look of this kit and the add ons you can purchase all of it HERE (where available) 

Have a great day everyone :) 

xoxo Nadia


Follow on Bloglovin

15 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful layout Nadia, your work really is so inspiring. Beautiful photo of you and Sofia xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's such a gorgeous and touching lay-out. I really like how you used the chipboard circle.

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is so emotional and strong, awesome

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great lo Ναντιακι and I love the photo of you and Sofia!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love how 'real' you keep your scrapping....& this LO is lovely...especially how you use that plasterers tape:):) lovely bible quote, too:):)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderfully beautiful layout!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning page! I love the subtle pinks and all the texture. The butterfly is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful photo of you both and heartfelt journalling....lovely work about the reality of life :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful words and beautiful layout, the passion is in that Bible verse and I can feel it from your heart.. and it is displayed in this wonderful layout.. really really love this.. everything about it is beautiful...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your layout is gorgeous. But the story behind moved me deeply. Some of us has to experience some painful things, to become who we are - a wonderful, filled with light and positive thoughts human beings. xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. great to see you scrapping baby Sofia! you don't write much, but your words pack a lot of meaning into just a few lines.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Stunning page Nadia and love that verse that you quoted! Thanks for sharing these heartfelt words with us!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for taking the time to drop by and leave me a comment. I appreciate it so much!