Monday, July 22, 2013

Last 2 layouts for Scraps Of Elegance for July!

Hi there everyone. Hope you all have a great week ahead. 

Here are 2 layouts I created with the Home Sweet Home kit from Scraps Of Elegance for July. 
This month's kit also included the very pretty Prairie Chic collection from Bo Bunny, which I have included here.  


"35" 



"Oldest & Youngest" 

For this layout above, I was inspired by my extremely talented friend Georgia Heald (if you have not found her blog yet go HERE and check out her awesomeness ) in 2 ways. 1) I decided to cut strips of paper to use on my background rather than tearing them as I usually do! 2) I used a crackle effect as my background as I saw on one of her canvases HERE 
Now enter another bit of information I picked up from this video from the very sweet Adrienne Ford HERE . Adrienne showed a way to get the crackle effect in a very quick way. It hasnt turned out the best but its a technique I will try again for sure! I have the very same problem as Adrienne... I have no patience when it comes to waiting for mixed media mediums to dry.. now more than ever since having the baby! I kind of have snippets of time here and there and given that patience is NOT my middle name anyway, I am always on the lookout for ideas that cut time. So thanks Adrienne and Georgia for the inspiration :) Keep it coming :) 

Hope you liked my layouts!
If you like the look of this kit and the add ons you can purchase all of it HERE (where available) 

You will find the Scraps of Elegance website HERE and the forum with many active participants and lots of challenges HERE or their store HERETo purchase or subscribe to these kits please go HERE. 


Have a great day everyone :)  Thanks for dropping by :) 

11 comments:

  1. Wow, I just love your pages! The crackle look is really neat! I always love what you do with mixed media.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful pages! Love the color combination!
    The health Sophie - have already grew older.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow another two great pages.
    love the photos too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. such precious photos, and your design is fabulous there

    ReplyDelete
  5. These really are lovely..gorgeous photos & I see the plasterer's tape is still getting a work out! Afraid I'm totally 'with' you re: impatient scrapping....that's why my colours usually get mixed up...don't leave 'em long enough to dry!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Nadia these layouts are gorgeous! What precious moments in the photos too.. I love the back ground in the first one, as well as the wonderful memory in the photo.. and your second one is so lovely too.. and I really am in awe of Georgia's work.. she is amazing!! and drying time for stuff is a bit longer I reckon in winter too.. I tend to go and do something else for a while, and I totally understand about grabbing a few minutes here and there to scrap.. You are amazing, I only have one child at home at the moment and I wonder where my day goes!! Take care!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful layouts and sweet photos!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning LOs!! Love the photos!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow....such gorgeous pages and such great photo's too! Sooooo beautifully done! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nadia, your layouts are just amazing and one day I hope to be 1/10 the scapper that you are. Totally inspiring and leaving me a little lost for words....

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow Nadia these are simply gorgeous as ever!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for taking the time to drop by and leave me a comment. I appreciate it so much!