Friday, June 7, 2013

GDT work for 2Crafty!

Hi everyone! Here today, to share a layout I created using some beautiful 2Crafty chipboard as part of my Resident Guest Designer spot there!


This is one of my favourite photos of my oldest girl Maria Elena. It is taken in Bowral NSW last year and it is one I use a lot. 

"Love" layout 




In the image above, I have used Ornate BucklesThere are 2 in each pack and I simply painted them white, before using my fingertips and some thick acrylic white paint to give them an aged effect. 

You can also see in the image above, that I used a Polaroid Chipboard FrameTo alter the frame, I first applied 2 coats of Gesso and when that dried, I painted it white. I then applied a combination of Tim Holtz 
Distress Paints over it in Picket Fence and Picked Raspberry. To finish it off, I applied a thick layer of Glossy Accents





Just above, you can see the beautiful chipboard circles which are the Flower Medallions. These are so so so pretty! I simply applied the same method as I did with the Ornate Buckles. 





Of course my favourite piece of chipboard on this layout is this BEAUTIFUL 11" Round Flourish Frame. I decided to be not too delicate with this frame and by that I mean that once my background, picture and embellishments were in place, I adhered the frame raw right on top of everything and painted it on the paper! I wanted to do this to make it look like the frame was part of the background. Once the paint dried, I applied Modelling Paste with my fingers and with a sponge and finished it off with Clearsnap Donna Salazar Mix'd Media Inx in Chiffon. 


2Crafty Products Used: 

Ornate Buckles (unit of 3)


Polaroid Frames (unit of 3)

Flower Medallions (unit of 3)


11" Round Flourish Frame (unit of 3)

Other Materials List
Specialty Paper: GCD Studios Mix'd Media Stax 2 
Ink: Clearsnap Donna Salazar Mix'd Media Inx - Chiffon
Paints: Ranger Tim Holtz Distress Paints in White Picket Fence and Picked Raspberry, thick white acrylic paint
Other Embellishments: Prima Marketing Junk Yard Findings - Typo Bulbs 1, Kaisercraft Love Bingo Card, Prima Marketing Shabby Chic Resin Mini Windows,  paper doilies
Other: mesh tape, masking tape, gesso, 

Hope I provided some inspiration for you today :) 


Don't forget to drop by the 2Crafty blog HERE




Follow on Bloglovin

13 comments:

  1. This layout is beautiful, Nadia! The chipboard is awesome. Love your use of texture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's really pretty Nadia. I hope everything is going well with your new precious bundle.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ewwwww....concha hate it when you write a comment & cyber space eats it up??!!! I WAS saying that big frame really melds perfectly into your LO & those Polaroid frames are yum & I love how you've gotten paint on the photo...makes it look really 'vintage' :):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous layout! It suits the photo perfectly!!! Once again you have completely inspired me. I hope you and your beautiful new girl and your family are doing well....and getting enough sleep :) Love and Peace xox

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous layout Nadia, love the detailing on your chipboard. Thanks for sharing your techniques, definitely be giving it a try on my chipboard!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome work Nadia, you really are an inspiration to us! Φιλιά στις μικρές!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so lovely.. I love the round flourish frame.. and the whole layout looks like it has melted together with the paint.. love those buckles, and always love the photos!! Take care, I hope you have a good weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is such a gorgeous photo of your daughter and you scrapped it wonderfully. I love the muted colours in your lay-out and the beautifully layered embellishments.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful page....love the texturing and the chippie work and such a sweet photo too! Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love how you worked on the circle frame straight on the page. Everything blends in so beautifully giving a soft and delicate feel. Hope you're all doing good! xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stunning Nadia, it all just goes together like waves on a beach... melding into one. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so gorgeous. I love all the attention to detail that is added and it just stands out in the best ways possible. I love the little bulb that says love on it. It really brings the whole picture together.

    Please visit My Website: Online PhD UK University

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for taking the time to drop by and leave me a comment. I appreciate it so much!