Thursday, February 28, 2013

7 Dots Studio + Some GREAT news!

Hey everyone! I hope this post finds you well. 

It is the very last day of summer here today in Australia. Tomorrow.. it will be Autumn and I am pretty excited about that because 1) hopefully the weather will cool down and 2) my baby is due at the very end of this beautiful season, around the 20th of May. So yes, this feels like a milestone of some sort for me. 

Well, before the month of LOVE is gone for good this year, I thought I would share with you 2 projects I created with 7Dots Studio papers for their current challenge. Its been a while since I got a bit messy with my creations but after some web surfing the other night, and coming across some amazing colour combinations and designs by the amazing Finn, I got inspired to create something "messy" . Feels pretty good to have dirty fingers and to clean up gesso and paint afterwards LOL! Oh and did I tell you that in about 2 weeks I will be meeting Finn as I am taking one of her classes here in Sydney? Its the first time I am taking a class or going to anything like this but I just cannot wait.. 

So anyway, the challenge at 7Dots this month called for a focus on cards, mail art, tags and other small projects that may contain a love message! So NO layouts :)

For both these projects I used the "Dreamer" collection. 




Here is my first card, a typical design by me, neutral colours, layers, and a bit of a shabby look to it.. 


As soon as I took out this collection I remembered why I really like 7 Dots Studio collections.. they can be used by people with my style - soft, romantic etc but they still have an edge. I love the rusty look of these papers, while there are still some very soft colours throughout. 

For the card, I embossed some paper using a Sizzix embossing folder and my Cuttlebug. That's the swirly design you can see on some of the papers. I then sanded it down a bit with some sand paper to give it that shabby look, before piling some die cuts from the Dreamer collection on top of each other. 

Once again , I handmade that  frame using Martha Stewarts Crafter's Clay . 


The next project is where things got a bit untidy on my desk. Borrowing some ideas and colours from typical designs by Finn I created a tag for my poor hubby who never gets ANY of my creations LOL!


Yeah, a bit messy for me. I was scared to spray stuff everywhere but I do kind of like the end result. There are lots of die cuts and stickers from the Dreamer collection  layered on top of each other here and finished off with Gesso and a teal mist. 

 I used some Kaisercraft stamps for the background and tore some papers to reveal the layers underneath and when the papers were wet I scraped off the wet paper to create an interesting background. 

Had a lot of fun with this one. 

Now before I got I wanted to share with you that I am pretty pleased to be a part of the Design Team at ...


I am the Special Guest Designer at 13arts starting in March and all the way to October :)))

13arts is a new manufacturer out of Poland. Its owner and designer is the super super talented Ayeeda and I have just been working with their newest collection All Is Love and I am just IN LOVE! LOL! There are plans for lots of new goodies to be released soon so please keep an eye on their blog HERE 

And to buy these products please see the list of stockists HERE or look at their online shop HERE

So have a great day everyone and I hope you are well and happy whenever you are :)

Till next time, its bye for now :)





18 comments:

  1. Congrats on the new Dt and I love your creations...so very beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI.. I think whatever you put your scrappy hand to turns out beautifully.. love your cards.. full of layers and lusciousness! And well done on your guest DT too.. and how exciting.. the weeks are going by and your little one will soon be here!!! How wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Huge congrats :) You will do such amazing work with their papers. I can't wait to see what you'll do with their lovely products.
    Your card and tag with 7Dots are also both amazing. I love the grungy yet elegant feel to them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Πανέμορφες οι δημιουργίες σου!
    Συγχαρητήρια για τη νέα σχεδιαστική ομάδα!
    Καλή συνέχεια!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations!! Gorgeous project

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations and I love your creation!

    ReplyDelete
  7. such beautiful cards, so feminine and cute. congrats on your Guest DT. and so happy for you, that soon you will meet your sweet baby. Last year I was feeling the same , as my baby son was born on May 22. Hugs and take care wile your classes with Finn

    ReplyDelete
  8. stunning work Nadia .. just stunning , loving all the soft muted colors xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gosh! It's all happening....love your work here & congrats on the GDT gig AND you aren't going to Hornsby to Fin's workshop by any chance???!!! I am......

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations Nadia.Your projects are lovely.
    Gr Elly

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful cards and congrats on your new DT position Tx

    ReplyDelete
  12. You make the most beautiful cards and tags. Congrats on the GDT. So glad to hear all is going well for you.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Dreamer is one of my favourite collections ever, but I've never seen such a soft, shabby delicate face of it! Really lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  14. LOVE your creations and congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Breath taking work! I am in awe!

    ReplyDelete
  16. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the tag and card! Congratulations on the DT work!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful work. Love the colors and design as always.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Woop woop! CONGRATS on your new stint with Aida! I know you will just LOVE working with her and her products! No matter what you create, it all looks fabulous! love love love your messyness and use of colours on the tag and the beautifully soft card. You just rock Nadia girl!! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for taking the time to drop by and leave me a comment. I appreciate it so much!