Monday, May 28, 2012

Wishing You Happiness - Imaginarium Designs DT work

Hey everyone. How was your weekend? Mine was nothing short of eventful to say the least. Seriously feels like I am chasing my tail every single week. Does it ever end? LOL! I have to laugh..because if I think about things too long I will start crying so I better not go there. Anyway..things could be far more worse so ..let's just enjoy that we are alive yet one more day right? Like the song playing on my blog right now says, its a wonderful world...It is !

So I made this small canvas a little while back for Imaginarium Designs. It was shown on the blog yesterday and I can now show it to you here. 

This canvas is only small...about 10cm x 10cm and it is a gift for someone who is turning 18 in a couple of months. 

I simply applied gesso in random places on the base of the canvas. 

I then used a Prima mask and brown paint to create the floral pattern on the left hand side corner, while also applying gauge in random places in the center. 


 I had a scrap piece of paper from a Prima collection which I punched with a border punch and used it as the first layer. 

Tips for using the chipboard: apply gesso, then dab light coloured ink and with your fingers run a darker paint in random places on the chipboard. Finish with a coat of Glossy Accents.



Once the chipboard was dry,  I then layered it together with my flowers on top of each other finishing with the title. To adhere the title to the flower I simply used strong glue in the spot that touch the flower and pressed down till for a few minutes. 





You can find all the chipboard pieces I used at the Imaginarium Designs website HERE


IDP00036 Wishing you Happiness

IDC0003 Corners with 4 Circles


IDS00012 Penny Farthing

Other supplies

Prima Marketing: Flowers, mask, paper

Webster's Pages: blue trim
Miscellaneous : gauge, ink, liquid pearls

Hope you like this :) 

Hope you have a lovely week everyone! 

Bye for now, Nadia. 




22 comments:

  1. beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    and i do too wishing you happiness!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    xoxo
    makrina

    ReplyDelete
  2. canvas work is so much fun and so artsy...beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very beautiful, Nadia! Thanks for the chipboard tip!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow, Nadia! this is s stunning! i really must go and buy one and play myself with canvas ts such a great idea with a gift!
    love everything here!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nadia, this is so chic and fabulous! I love your style of using soft muted colors and they bring out the artist in your. Beautiful work and I hope we see more canvas art from you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous work, Nadia- you make everything you do look so effortless, I love it!! You're amazing :)
    xErin

    ReplyDelete
  7. I will say it again over here....I simply love your card!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. ...all the above, & perfect for an 18 year old, too:):)

    ReplyDelete
  9. just a gorgeus card !!!I love all the details ...they are gorgeus!!
    You always do such a extraordinary work!!1
    I just love to came here and see what do you have done!!!!Only great creations !!!!
    Have a wonderful week.
    Big huges and kisses
    Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful canvas Nadia! I am sure she will love it!!!!!
    Take care and please...don't think too much..lol...just enjoy the little simple moments!!
    Hugsss!!!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Absolutely stunning. I just love your choice of colors, materials and tecniques - they give so much structure to this creation and look just fabolous. TFS, Nadia!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The canvas is absolutely stunning sweet Nadia! Fantastic use of those yummy materials and I jsut love that sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nadia, this is gorgeous, I love the earthy color and tones in it! Love the chippies too! Beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Nadia, this is really beautiful and I am sure will be cherished for the love on it from you... the layers are amazing! and the tips on using the gesso and paint and gauze are wonderful! I hope your week is going good.. weekends are never long enough!!xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. As I laid in the hospital bed I started thinking that I had a show to do. I was hoping the Doctor would put me together so I could do the show.
    Diabetic Kidney Disease

    ReplyDelete
  16. Just beautiful. I adore the way you have encapsulated the essence of the Imaginarium in the layers, paints and embellishments. Fantastic.
    all the best Linda x

    ReplyDelete
  17. As much success came to him, my father stayed true to his promise. He built the hospital to help the most helpless children with catastrophic illnesses Diabetes

    ReplyDelete
  18. Absolutely love the muted tones and the layers of pure eye candy. You know so many wonderful things come in small packages, this one's absolutely beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for taking the time to drop by and leave me a comment. I appreciate it so much!