Sunday, July 3, 2011

Guest Designer at **Scrap For Help **

Hi! How is your weekend going? Mine has been wonderful, but unfortunately coming to an end, as its Sunday night here...Looking forward to a break from work, as we have 2 weeks school holidays here in Sydney. So many things to do though...but just nice to be doing them at my own pace. 

So, it is with GREAT delight and honour that I announce that I was invited some months back by my wonderful friend Cynthia Llorens to be Guest Designer at the brand new international challenge blog Scrap For Help. I love this site. I love how they have challenges with a twist, and that the Design Team are from all over the world, with different styles! I love that throughout the whole month , the Design Team shows ideas for projects and inspiration for all sorts of things. You need to follow them and see what I mean. 

I was asked by Cynthia to create a sketch for this challenge, which you need to follow together with the following criteria..

Theme: friends



This is my niece Mary. She is almost 11. She is my older brother's first born daughter and I have also baptised her. I am VERY close to her. From very little, she has been looked after by my parents while her parents are at work. I have grown so close to her in all this time, because I am at my parents house every day, and before I had my children I would spend long periods of time after work at my parents. So I saw her very very often . But its not just that. She is a very lovable child. She is warm and kind, caring ...considerate. She is super smart and has been in an advanced class since very little. This makes her mature, and although I am her aunty, we are also friends too. She is friendly and I love having her over my house because she is such a good kid. I love her as much as I love my other nieces and nephews..which is like they are all my own. 

I should say here that this photo is about 5 years old...I was actually about a week pregnant here with Maria Elena, but I didnt know yet. THIS is why I look so young, and refreshed..LOL! The sleepless nights and stress started soon after this. LOL!






I have used one of my FAVOURITE collections of all time, Bo Bunny's Gabrielle. Is it not just to die for? 

I have used the following Bo Bunny products

*Bo Bunny GABRIELLE  Buttons BUG670

*Bo Bunny GABRIELLE Trinkets TRG049

12x12 sticker sheet

12x12 cut outs

die cut

chipboard Sheet

All the flowers are from Prima. 

I do hope you get a chance to play along and support this GREAT site. You will find all the information you need HERE 

Thank you so much for having me as a Guest! Loved it!

Have a great week everyone. 


33 comments:

  1. a fabulous layout ! The picture is great and these papers fit so well !!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nadia what a gorgeous layout and what fabulous products!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. CONGRATS on the GDT!! That is awesome!! LOVING the lo!! GORGEOUS photo and loveeeeeee all the flowers! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  4. congratulations once again!!!

    lovely photo ... amazing LO!!! as for the products... nocomments!! lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow, this is just amazingly gorgeous! Such creative use of that die-cut paper and the doily and I love all the feminine elements that you added. The photo is so beautiful too. How wonderful that you have such a strong bond with your little niece!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just a amazing page...I love every details !

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the beautiful photo of your niece and you..it depicts the wonderful relationship that you have perfectly. Your absolutely beautiful layout compliments the photo so nicely...love all your beautiful details and layered elements.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Woow dear Nadia what a precious LO and photo,you rock girl!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just beautiful!
    OMG, all the eye candy on this layout - the pretty flowers, the details...

    Amazing work - as always!

    ReplyDelete
  10. that is such a beautiful story Nadia. How special for your neice to have Aunty like you.
    I just love the why you add all your flowers and those butterflies - thanks for the inspiration.
    enjoy the school holidays and have a great week.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  11. what a gorgeous story and a beautiful photo. Love the layout, the colours are so soft and pretty. Enjoy your holidays, take care xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. absolutely STUNNING..your work is fantastic... all the details and colours..wowzers.. amazing.

    still in awe of your generosity..thank you....

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW what a gorgeous sketch and you layout is BREATHTAKING!!!!! Love all your girly bits as always and that photo is sooo beautiful...never thought it ws taken 5 years ago...you still look that beautiful :))xx
    Have a great day!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow! Nadia this is simply gorgeous! Love the layers, the mix, and that beautiful, beautiful pic!

    ReplyDelete
  15. stunning nadia! such a beautiful page and a gorgeous photo! i look at 'pre-children' pics of me and think 'wow - no stress or worry lines' LOL ... it's so worth the worry tho ... :)) x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, such a gorgeous layout! Love your photo, colours & layering...& those flowers!!!
    Enjoy the holidays :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love your page Nadia..You still looking gorgeous my friend...love your beautiful eyes..hope you'll enjoy your holiday...
    Hugs
    Shamma

    ReplyDelete
  18. perfection Nadia, my special friend ... absolute perfection .. love the story too .. hugz x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful Beautiful beautiful Layout!!! Love your photo Nadia... you are beautiful too... hugs...xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  20. Loved working with this sketch. Thanks.
    Love your take on it and you do Pretty and Feminine so so well. Just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Nadia...this is a explendid peace of art and I´m fell so honored to have you with us in scrapforhelp!!! So fantastic !!
    You are a special friend and I love you a lot and I´m so glad to have you as my friend!!!!
    Every detail in this LO is just perfect!!!
    You are my hero and you know that!!!!!
    Have a wonderful week.
    Kisses and huges
    Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a gorgeous page Nadia. The Bo Bunny products are divinely beautiful! I hope you find some happy scrapping time over the school holidays. One week more for us to wait til our hols start :-)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi! a really beautiful layout, but i love the story behind it.. it makes it extra special now i understand the title..and that makes it not just beautiful.. but precious..always love what you create because it has a litte piece of your heart on it as well.. xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. Congratulations on your GDT position! Cynthia is a lovely person!What a precious layout! All this layering and flowers and butterflies...yummy eye candy! It is really great to have strong family bonds! Είστε και ομορφόσογο απ'οτι βλέπω...χαχαχα
    Φιλάκια!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  25. Congrats on another GDT spot! Ur page is beautiful. The layers r so gorgeous & the pic is oh so sweet! Ur sketches r looking amazing too!

    Enjoy school hols. It's sooooooo nice not having to do the school run every morning!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Very pretty Nadia! Love it! Congrats on GDT at scrap for help. The girls are just awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  27. huge congrats.......this is a beautiful sketch and the layout is just amazing...love all the layers of goodies and the beautiful photo :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Beautiful! Congrats to the GDT! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Such a wonderful layout!! Beautiful picture of the two of you :) Can feel the love between you :)
    Love all the BoBunny you have used and the beautiful flowers!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for taking the time to drop by and leave me a comment. I appreciate it so much!